Chapter 10

One Year Later [after meeting each other]

Yuri's POV

I have given up looking for a job at CeCi. I have given in my application countless times and they have always said they didn't need anyone.

On one spring afternoon, I am off from work. I get a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Yuri Kim?"

"Yes, this is her speaking."

"I am the CEO of Ceci magazine speaking. We had a job opening. One of our writers has fallen ill and we need a new journalist. I have seen your countless applications and I feel that you are worthy."

"Thank you for asking me. I would love to take the job opportunity!" I am overjoyed.

"I'll have my secretary email you all of the details. It was nice speaking with you Ms. Allen."

"Thank you very much."

After hanging up I start freaking out. I can't believe my dream job is coming true after all of these months.

Kiseop's POV

Our manager calls us for a meeting.

"You guys will be going on a tour in the United States this summer."

"YES! San Francisco here I come!" Kevin is overjoyed.

The guys are excited to go back. I definitely am because I get to see Yuri again. I wonder if she remembers me. Well, of course she would. But I haven't contacted her in forever. I had to stay not keep in contact with her until things settled. My manager took away my phone for a couple of months and allowed me to use it to contact my family.

I've had it for a couple of months now but we are so busy. I always don't want to disrupt Yuri's schedule; she could be in school or at work and I could get her in trouble.

I feel like this is an important event in my-our-life though.

We have the rest of the day off and so I take a walk along the Han River. I try calling Yuri multiple times but she does not answer. I am a bit worried, but then again she has a life.

I continue walking for awhile until I get a text message.

From: Yuri

To: Kiseop

I'm really busy right now so I'm sorry I can't answer your calls. But I'm okay...everything is well. How are you?

From: Kiseop

To: Yuri

I have some exciting news to tell you!

She doesn't reply the rest of the afternoon. She must be really busy with work.

Yuri's POV

My phone dies after I text Kiseop. I've been busy getting my things packed because I will be moving to Seoul immediately.

Reading email from earlier - flashback

From: Ceci Magazine

To: Yuri Kim

Dear Ms. Kim,

Congratulations for catching the job as head journalist! Our chief writer is sick with cancer but it is not the worst possible type. She is recovering and will be for the next few months.

In the mail you will be getting plane tickets to Seoul and you will be leaving in two days. Pack up your items and we will be sending someone to fetch all of them. At the airport you will see someone at the baggage claim waiting for you. You will be taken to your apartment and will start working in a week after you have settled in.

Thank you for your support and see you soon!

I am so excited for this trip.

-At airport-

I just landed at Incheon Airport and it's absolutely stunning. I'm already lost on my way to the baggage claim but it's worth it.

After 20 minutes of searching (and observing) I find my way to my one suitcase I brought in case my stuff didn't come in time - which I highly doubt.

Anyway, I then find myself face to face with a cute guy.

"My name is Shin Dongho. You must be Yuri Kim."