Chapter 1

"Rigel! Give me back my wand!" I yell. My dear god brother thought it would be funny to steal my wand. Well it isn't!

"Dad! Rigel took my wand!" I say, knowing my father is in the next room. "Rigel! Give her back her wand!" He says. Rigel mumbles under his breath but gives me back my wand, leaving the room in a huff.

I huff back at him and stick my wand back in the holster strapped on my leg. Suddenly there's a tapping on the window and I walk over to it. I open the window and two owls fly in. Lily and a Hogwarts owl. "Rigel come here! Our Hogwarts letters came!!" I say.

He comes strolling into the room and grabs his before walking back out. Dad says he's becoming more and more like Uncle Sirius every day. I shake my head and laugh before carefully opening mine.

I skim through it and sigh before running a hand through my hair. It's getting really long. It falls below my bum! Dad refuses to let me trim it even an inch, won't let me use my powers to change it either! Says that it reminds him of my mum.

Speaking of dad, he's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! I don't know how he'll do it with his transformations and all but he says that it's under control. I grab the stack of letters from Lily and see one from each of my friends.

Including Harry. Which is very surprising, seeing as his aunt and uncle refuse to let him owl us. I tear open Harry's first.

Hullo Joesy,
So I ran into a bit of a problem. I blew up my aunt and ran away from home. So now I'm at the Leaky Cauldron. Come visit if you want.
Harry

Oh the best friend of mine is so getting a lecture when I see him. I grab Ron's and smile. His family went to Egypt over break.

Adopted sis,
We're staying at the Leaky Cauldron until school starts. I reckon we're leaving soon so Imma wrap this up. I hope you have a good rest of the break and see you soon when we meet up in Diagon Alley.
Your brother Ron

Hmm. Maybe I can work something out with dad so that we can stay at the Leaky Cauldron as well. Plus I think Rigel wants to see our friends too. I grab Mione's next.

Hey Joscylene,
You'll never guess what mum and dad are doing for me. They want to talk to the Weasley's because they find Mr Weasley "fascinating." So, Ron and I have kept in touch and we're going to the Leaky Cauldron! You should join us!! Please come so I'm not surrounded by too many boys!!
Your Best Friend,
Mione

Yep. I'm definitely going to ask dad. I quickly grab Neville's letter, anxious to read it.

My love,
How are you? I miss you loads! Will you be going to Diagon Alley say on Thursday? Gran and I will be going. Dean and Seamus are there as well. Have they written to you at all? Well I must go. Grans making me go to the store.
I love you,
Neville

I squeal. I love it when he says he loves me. Rigel comes into my room. "Letter from Neville?" He asks. I nod. "Yea. How could you tell?" I joke. Rigel laughs and grabs my hand. "Come on sis, Uncle Lupin says dinners ready. You can ask if we can go to Diagon Alley then." He says, smiling at me.

I grab my bowl of pasta and sit down beside dad. "Dad?" I ask. He looks up from his paper. "Yes princess?" He says. "Can we go to Diagon Alley tomorrow and then spend the last 2 days of break at the Leaky Cauldron? All of our friends are there." I ask.

He thinks about it for a moment before nodding. "I don't see anything wrong with that. We need to get your supplies for the year anyway. So yes." He says. I look at Rigel and we both smile. "Thanks Dad!" "Thanks Uncle Lupin." We both say. Dad nods and we finish eating our dinner.