Chapter 7

It's been about two weeks since the boys and I put the mandrake leaf in our mouth. So far we're doing pretty good and have about a week left.

"Hey Nev, can you come here?" I ask my boyfriend. He walks into my room and sees me struggling. "What exactly are you doing?" He asks me. I'm currently standing on my bed trying to get this stand of lights hanging from this hook I placed there with magic but I'm not tall enough to reach.

I explain my situation and he laughs. He takes off his shoes and gets on my bed, taking the lights from me. "There you go princess. Now come on. It's time for lunch." Neville says, grabbing my hand.

"Wait, the spell." I remind him. He nods and opens his mouth. I say the spell that keeps the mandrake leaf in place so it isn't swallowed and then do the same to mine.

"Hey Nev, I have classes with Dumbledore tomorrow instead of regular classes." I say, remembering what Professor McGonagall had told me at breakfast this morning. He nods. "Okay. I suppose I can deal with out you for one day." He jokes. I smile and pull him towards the passage way.

We walk hand in hand into the Great Hall and sit by Rigel and Harry. "Where are the others?" I ask once we sit down. Both boys shrug. I sigh before remembering something. Just to be safe, I speak in French.

"Vous avez mis le sort dans votre bouche?" (Did you guys put the spell in your mouth?) I had decided to teach Rigel and Harry French so we could talk about animagus in front of the others. Both boys nod and eat just to show me.

I smile and put food in my own mouth. Soon our friends surround us and Hermione asks me questions on homework. An idea suddenly sparks in my brain. "Hey guys, do you all wanna have a sleep over in the Royal Dorm tonight after we get back from Hogsmead?" I ask.

Everyone agrees and I smile. "I can get food from the kitchens later. Rigel wanna help?" I ask, turning to look at him. He nods and smiles at me. Professor McGonagall suddenly announces for all students to go to the courtyard for Hogsmead.

We all walk out of the Great Hall and I raise my hand, summoning all of our jackets besides Harry's since his bloody uncle didn't sign the slip. I also get my handbag and Hermione's purse.

Hermione takes her purse from me with a smile and I return it. McGonagall starts telling us about this privilege and how it can be lost if we abuse it. "If permission slips aren't signed you may not go." McGonagall says, looking at Harry. Filch takes the lead and leads everyone to Hogsmead. We stay behind and wait for Harry. Him and McGonagall have a conversation before he turns to us.

"Just forget it guys. See ya later." Harry says before walking back into the castle. I turn to Hermione. "You know what I want from the stores. Take some money and buy it for me." I say, handing Hermione some galleons, and sickles.

She nods before catching up with Seamus, Dean, and Ron. Neville kisses me before going as well. "Rigel? Aren't you going?" I ask. He shakes his head. "I'm gonna hang with you and Harry. You are hanging with Harry right?" He says. I nod. "Let's go find him." I say.

We run through the corridors and finally see Harry walking with Dad. "Uncle Remus! Harry!" "Dad! Harry!" We both say to get their attention. They turn and look at us.

"Kids? What are you doing? I thought you were on your way to hogsmead." Dad says with a confused face. "We were. The both of us decided to stay behind with our best friend instead though." I say.

Dad must've had a rough night because he's using his walking stick that he only uses if it was rough. He catches me looking at it and he simply nods. I sigh and turn to Harry.

He pulls me into a hug and then clamps a hand on Rigel's shoulder. "Thanks guys." Harry says. We both nod and follow dad and Harry outside.

Dad and Harry start talking as we make our way to the long wooden bridge. "Professor, can I ask you something?" Harry says suddenly. "You want to know why I stopped you facing that boggart, yes? I would have thought that would be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort." Dad says.

"I did think of Voldemort, at first. But then I remembered that night on the train and the dementor." Harry says. "I'm very impressed. That suggests that what you fear most of all is fear itself. This is very wise." Dad says. Then he picks back up.

"The very first time I saw you Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mother Lily's. Yes, I knew her. You mother was there for me at a time when no one else was." Dad says with a sad smile.

"Not only was she a gifted witch, she was also a very kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others, even, and perhaps most especially, when that person couldn't see it in themselves. Your father, James, had a certain, shall we say, talent for trouble. A talent, rumor has it, he passed onto you. You're more like them then you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much." Dad says.

Everyone comes back from Hogsmead and we're all walking back up to Gryffindor and Royal tower when the sea of Gryffindors stop. "What's going on?" Harry asks. "Neville's probably forgotten the passsword again." Ron says.

"Hey!" Neville says. "Oh. Sorry." Ron says. Suddenly Ginny comes down the stairs to us. "It's the Fat Lady. She's gone!" She says. "What?" I say. "Excuse me. Coming through. Move it I'm head boy!" Percy Weasley says. "Princess coming through. Excuse me!" I say, making my way to the front. The Fat Lady is in fact gone and the portrait is ripped into shreds.

"Everyone move out of the way the headmasters here." Percy says. The Gryffindors move and let Dumbledore and Filch through. "Search the paintings Filch." Dumbledore says. "There's no need for that headmaster. The fat lady's there." Filch says, pointing toward a picture with a black pig on it.

"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore says. The fat lady pops her head up. "Eyes like the devil. Not a soul alive who doesn't know his name. He's here headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black!" She shrieks before hiding behind the pig.

Rigel looks at me before fainting. "Rigel!" Neville and I shout. I catch him before he hits the ground and Neville helps me carry him to the infirmary.

The Professors send all the students to the Great Hall. Dumbledore conjures up multiple sleeping bags and I grab one and lay between Neville and Rigel, who came back from the infirmary moments ago.

I quickly give Rigel a hug before getting into my sleeping bag. I cuddle up next to Neville because even though Sirius is my uncle, I'm still scared.

"A remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter the castle on ones own, completely undetected?" Snape says as he and Dumbledore walk past us. "Quite." I hear Dumbledore say.

"Any theories on how he might have managed it?" Snape says. "Many. Each as unlikely as the next." Dumbledore states. "You may recall, prior to the start of term, I expressed concern about the appointment of Professor-" Snape says but Dumbledore cuts him off.

"Not a single person inside this castle would help Sirius Black to enter it. No, I'm quite convinced the castle is safe, and I'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses." Dumbledore says.

Ha! Snape was going to say my dad!

"What about Potter? Should he be warned?" Snape asks. "Perhaps, but for now let him sleep. For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own. Let him swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud." Dumbledore says. Finally, I fall into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~<<><<>~<<<<~<<<><<<~~<<<>>>~~
And another!

xoxo Potterhead0227