Chapter 13

We all start walking back through the tunnel. Harry helps Sirius carry Ron while Hermione walks behind them. Rigel and I are on either side of Neville helping him walk. "Sorry about the bite, I reckon that twinges a bit." Sirius suddenly says to Neville and Ron. "A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off!" Ron says dramatically while Neville stays quiet.

"I was going for the rat. Normally, I have a very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact, more than once, James suggested that I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with. But the fleas? They're murder." Sirius says.

Harry laughs. We get to the end of the tunnel and Sirius sets Ron down on the ground. Rigel and I sit Neville down beside him. Sirius walks off and Rigel and Harry look at him. "You'd better go." Ron and Neville tell Harry and Rigel.

"No. I'm fine." They both protest. "You go, we'll stay." Hermione tells them. I nod to them. They both stand up and sigh. Hermione and I turn to Ron and Neville. "That looks really painful." We tell them. "So painful." Neville says.

"They, they might chop it." Ron exaggerates. "I'm sure Madame Pomfrey can fix it in a heartbeat." Hermione tries to reassure him. I brush Neville's hair out of his face. "You'll be okay." I whisper. "It's too late. It's ruined. It'll have to chopped off." Ron says.

I listen to what Sirius is talking to the boys about as They walk up on either side of him. "It's beautiful, isn't it? I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors. It'll be nice to do it again as a free man." Sirius says to the boys. Sirius nods back to Pettigrew.

"That was a noble thing you did back there. He doesn't deserve it." Sirius says, shaking his head. "Well, I just didn't think my dad would've wanted his two best friends to become killers. Besides, dead the truth dies with him. Alive, you're free." Harry says. Dad drags Peter out of the hole. He talks to Hermione and Ron but before he can talk to me again dad drags him away.

I don't know if you know Harry, but when you were born, James and Lilly made me your godfather." Sirius says softly. "I know." Harry answers. "I can understand if you choose to stay with your aunt and uncle. But if you ever wanted a different home-" Sirius says. "Come and live with you?" Harry asks.

"Yes. You can too son. If you want." Sirius says to Rigel. Rigel nods and suddenly Hermione stands up. "Harry!" She cries. Sirius, Harry and Rigel turn around Hermione points to the sky and my eyes widen. "Dad!" I yell.

The moon comes out from behind the clouds. Dads eyes darken and Sirius come sup behind him. "Remus, my old friend, have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asks as he throws his arms around dad. "You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart! Here! This flesh is only flesh!" Sirius cries.

Dad cries out in pain and drops his wand as he does so. Pettigrew picks it up and lifts it into the air. "Expelliarmus!" Harry and I shout. Pettigrew looks at the six of us and waves before shrinking back into a rat and running off. Harry tries to run after him out Hermione and I pull him back. "Harry!" We say.

Dad starts yelling out in pain as his bones shift into his other form. Sirius keeps his arms around dad to try and keep him from transforming. It doesn't work though and Dad completely transformed. As he does so, he throws Sirius from him. He stands there in his wolf form and whimpers.

Hermione and I start to walk towards dad. "Hermione, Joe, bad idea, bad idea." Ron says. "Professor? Professor Lupin?" Hermione asks. "Daddy?" I say. Suddenly dad stops whimpering and let's out a long howl. He advances on us after he gets done howling.