Chapter 15

The next morning, after all of us have showered and had a much needed good nights rest, Harry, Rigel and I head down to dads office to talk to him.

The three of us walk up the stairs to dads office. I adjust my beanie as we walk in. "Hello Harry, Rigel, Joscylene." Dad says. Harry looks at him strangely while I laugh softly. "I saw you coming." Dad says, pointing to the map.

Harry looks at dads scars. "I've looked worse, believe me." Dad says, tearing up some paper and throwing it in the fire place. Dad flicks his wand causing trunks and boxes to snap and close. "You've been sacked." Harry says. I sigh. "No. No I resigned actually." Dad says surprising me.

"Resigned but why?" The three of us say. Dad sighs. "It seems that someone let slip the nature of my condition." Dad says, zipping up a brief case. "This time tomorrow the owls will start arriving and parents will not want a um, well someone like me teaching their children." Dad says.

I run over and give him a hug. He kisses my head and sighs. "But Dumbledore-" Harry starts. "Dumbledore has already risked enough on my behalf. Let's just say I'm used to it by now." Dad says.

"Why do you look so miserable, Harry?" Dad asks, studying Harry's face. "None of it made any difference. Pettigrew escaped." Harry says sadly. "Didn't make any difference? Harry, it made all the difference in the world!" Dad tells him.

"You helped uncover the truth. You saved an innocent man from a terrible fate. It made a great deal of difference." Dad says, walking over and collecting his coat and briefcase.

"Now, since I am no longer your teacher I have no problem giving that back to you three." Dad says, motioning towards the map. "As for now I'll say goodbye. For I am sure we'll meet again sometime. But for now, mischief managed." Dad says, pointing his wand at the map.

It closes itself and dad walks out of his office. We go to the landing on the stairs and watch dad walk out of the DADA classroom.

The three of us walk into the great hall to see a bunch of Gryffindors surrounding a spot at the table. "What's going on?" I ask everyone. "Stand back I said. Or I'll take it upstairs." Ron's voice says. Seamus comes running up to us, Neville shortly behind him using a crutch to help steady himself.

"Harry where ever did you get it?" Neville asks. "Can I have a go Harry? After you o' course." Seamus asks. "What are you talking about?" Harry asks. "Quiet, let the man through." Ron says. "I-I didn't mean to open it Harry." Ron says as we walk up to him and Hermione.

"It was badly wrapped." Ron says. He then points at Fred and George. "They made me do it!" He accuses them. "Did not!" Fred and George say together.

The twins pull back the wrappings. "It's a firebolt!" Fred says. "Fastest broom in the world." George says. Harry touches the broom. "For me? Who sent it?" Harry asks the Gryffindors. "No one knows." Ron says. "This came with it." Hermione says, holding up one of Buckbeaks feathers.