Chapter 12

"AHHH!" Harry and Rigel say when they hit the floor of the tunnel. They both started to get up but then Hermione and I come into the tunnel. Hermione lands on top of Harry and I land on Rigel.

"Oh I'm sorry!" We say in unison. "It's all right." The boys say. They get to their feet and help us up. "Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione asks, looking around. I stay quiet, because I know exactly where the tunnel leads.

"I have a hunch. I just hope I'm wrong." Harry says. Hermione follows him and I look to Rigel. I know he recognized the black dog. I did too. Hermione suddenly gasps. "We're in the Shrieking Shack. Aren't we?" She says.

Harry nods and grabs her hand. "Come on." He says. I grab Rigel's hand and we walk up the stairs together. Harry peaks into the room at the top of the stairs. "Ron!" He says. "Neville!" Rigel and I cry. We all run into the room. "Ron, Neville, you're okay!" Hermione and I say.

"Harry, it's a trap! He's a dog, he's an Animagus!" Ron says pointing to the door. The four of us look at the floor and follow the footprints. The door gets shut and standing there in his lose Azkaban uniform is Uncle Sirius. Hermione jumps in front of Harry and I jump in front of Rigel.

Rigel hugs my waist out of fear. "If you're going to kill Harry you'll have to kill us, too!" Hermione cries. "Only one will die tonight." Sirius says. Harry breaks from Hermione's hold. "Then it'll be you!" Harry lunges at Uncle Sirius.

Sirius starts laughing. "Are you going to kill me Harry?" He asks. Suddenly, a voice says "Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand gets thrown from his hands. "Dad!" I say, wanting to hug him right now.

Dad looks at Harry and nods his head towards us. Harry gets out of the way and dad looks at Sirius. "Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within." Dad comments on Sirius. "Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you Remus?" Sirius says, referring to dads other side.

"No!" Hermione cries. "I trusted you! And all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione says. My eyes widen as I realize what's she's about to say. "Mione! No!" Rigel and I cry. She looks at us with a look.

"He's a werewolf. That's why he's been missing classes." She says, pointing at dad. "How long have you known?" Dad asks. "Since Professor Snape set the essay." Hermione says. I bury my face in Rigel's chest.

"Come on! Let's kill him!" Sirius says. "Wait!" Dad says. "I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!" Sirius cries. Dad looks at Rigel, Harry and I. He sighs before handing Sirius his wand. "Very well, kill him. But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why." Dad says.

Harry steps forward. "I know why! You betrayed my parents! You're the reason they're dead!" Harry says. Dad shakes his head. "No, Harry, it wasn't him! Somebody did betray your parents, but it was somebody who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead." Dad says. I gasp. "Who was it then?" Harry asks.

Sirius speaks up. "Peter Pettigrew! And he's in this room, right now! Come out, come out, Peter! Come out and play!"

Suddenly, dads wand is taken from Sirius. "Expelliarmus!" Snape's voice says. "Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you." Snape says. "Severus." Dad says. Snape points his wand at dad.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend enter the castle and now here's the proof." Snape says in his low voice. "Brilliant, Snape. Once again you've put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and as usual come to the wrong conclusion. Now if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to attend to!" Sirius says in one breath.