Chapter 14

We run through the castle and through the courtyard. We get to the bridge and Harry is still trying to get Hermione to answer him. We stop and Harry's eyes widen. "That's us! This is not normal." He says as Hermione pushes him back. She pulls the time turner out of her shirt.

"This is a time turner, Harry. McGonagall gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year." Hermione says. "You mean we've gone back in time?" Harry asks. "Yes. Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly something happened he wants us to change." Hermione say, turning back towards earlier us.

"Good punch." Harry and Rigel say as we watch Hermione and I punch Draco. Hermione smiles. "Thanks." She says. I nod as a thanks. Suddenly my eyes widen. "Draco's coming!" I say.

We go stand by the rocks and I gasp. "Look! Buckbeak's still alive" Harry exclaims. "Of course. Remember what Dumbledore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life will be spared." Hermione says. "Let's go." I whisper.

The four of us hurry down to Hagrid's and run behind the jumbo pumpkins. I look towards the bridge and gasp. Harry turns to look and sighs. "Here they come. We better hurry." Harry says, starting to stand up. I pull Harry back down. "No! Fudge has to see Buckbeak first. Otherwise he'll think Hagrid set him free." Hermione says.

"There's Pettigrew." Harry says as he looks at the hut. "Harry, you can't!" I say. "Joesy, that's the man who betrayed my parents! You don't expect me to just sit here!" He explains.

"Yes, you must! Harry, you're in Hagrid's hut now. If you just go bursting in you'll think you've gone mad!" Hermione says. "Awful things happen to wizards who've meddled with time. We can't be seen." I say.

Rigel looks back towards Fudge and Dumbledore. "Fudge is coming." He says. "We aren't leaving." Hermione says. "Why aren't we leaving?" I ask her. Hermione picks up a stone and launched it into the window. The pot breaks and Hermione grabs two more rocks, handing me one.

We throw them, and they hit the Harry and Rigel inside Hagrid's hut on the back of the head. "Ow!" Rigel and Harry inside the hut say. The Harry and Rigel beside us rub the back of their heads. "Ow. That hurt!" They both say to us. "Sorry." We say.

"We're coming out the back door. Move!" Hermione rushes. We go into the woods beside the pumpkin patch and hide in the trees. We all peak behind the trees we're behind. "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?" Hermione asks.

"Hermione!" Harry whispers. She moves back behind the trees and we listen to the other us run off. "Go Harry! Go Joesy!" Hermione and Rigel say since we're the only two who can talk to Buckbeak. Harry walks up to him and bows. He bows back.

Harry them proceeds to take the chain off its holder. Hello princess. Nice to see you. Buckbeak says. Hello Buckbeak. We are here to save you. Please come with us. I say to him.

Buckbeak shakes his head. Harry pulls the chain but Buckbeak doesn't budge. "Come on Buckbeak!" He whispers. Hermione comes over with the dead ferrets. "Come on Buckbeak! Come and get the nice dead ferret!" She says, trying to bribe him.

He stands up and Hermione throws the ferret to him. Suddenly, Fudge, Dumbledore, Hagrid and the executioner come out of the hut. We freeze and Buckbeak grabs another ferret.

They face the other way so we guide him away and into the trees. Fudge turns around. "Where is it? I saw the beaks just now. Not a moment ago!" Fudge cries. "Buckbeak!" Hagrid says.