Chapter 10

The next day, Harry and I head down to dads office. Harry has a meeting with dad and I wanted to accompany him. Dad is teaching him how to defeat a dementor, or in Harry's case, a boggart. He doesn't know that yet though.

We get into dad's classroom and I stand by him. Him and Harry are talking but I'm in my own little world. I snap out of it when dad starts walking down the stairs. "Wand at the ready Harry." Dad says.

Harry raises his wand and nods to dad. He opens up the trunk and a 'dementor' comes out. "Expecto Patronum! Expecto Patronum! Expecto-" Harry then faints.

Dad puts the boggart away and I wake Harry back up. "That's a nasty dementor." Harry says. I smile. "That's not a dementor Harry. It's a boggart." I say. "What memory where you thinking of Harry?" Dad asks. "The first time I rode a broom." Harry says.

"Oh that's not good enough Harry. You need something stronger." Dad says. Harry nods and stands back up. "I got it. It's not happy. Well, it is, it's the happiest I've ever felt. But it's complicated." Harry says, confusing me a bit. "Is it strong?" Dad says. Harry nods and looks to me. I smile softly in encouragement.

Dad unlocks the trunk and Harry gets ready. As soon as the boggart is out of the trunk Harry lifts up his wand. "Expecto Patronum!" Harry shouts.

Silver vapor erupts from the wand and I cheer. "Yay! Nice job Harry!" I say. Dad puts the boggart back and I rush over to hug Harry. "I think I've had enough. For today." Harry says as he sits back on the stairs.

"You know something, Harry? I think you would have given your father a run for his money, and that, is saying something." Dad says as he sits beside Harry.

"I was thinking of him and Mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me, just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have." Harry says.

I put a comforting hand on his shoulder and he smiles lightly. We both leave dads office since it's almost curfew. I get into my bed and fall straight to sleep.

Ron, Hermione, Harry, Rigel, Neville and I are heading down to Hagrid's the next morning. Hermione and I decided to wear our batman/superman bestie outfits today.

 Hermione and I decided to wear our batman/superman bestie outfits today

"Beautiful day." Hermione says, swinging her arms. "Gorgeous. Unless of course you've been ripped to pieces." Ron snaps at her. "Ripped to pieces? What are you talking about?" Harry and Rigel ask. "Ronald has lost his rat." Hermione says.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" Ron states. "Rubbish!" Hermione and I say. "Guys, you've seen the way that blood thirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. And now Scabbers is gone!" Ron yells.

"Well maybe you should learn to take better care of your pets!" Hermione yells back. "Your cat killed him!" Ron says as we get to the wooden bridge. "Did not!" "Did." "Didn't!" They argue back and fourth as we head down to Hagrid's.

We ask Hagrid a bunch of questions but one that Hermione says hits him hard. "Buckbeaks been sentenced to death!" Hagrid wails.

I gasp in shock then Rigel and Neville are immediately beside me. I curl into Neville's chest and Rigel rubs my back. "It'll be okay love." Neville whispers to me.

Later on that night, I'm up in the Gryffindor boys dorm hanging with all my guy friends. Everyone had fallen asleep already besides Harry and I. Suddenly, Ron sits bolt upright in his bed. "Spiders, the spiders, they want me to tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance!" He says obviously just woken from a nightmare.

"You tell those spiders, Ron." Harry says. "Yeah, tell them. I'll tell them." Ron says before falling back asleep. I look at the Marauders Map and gasp. "Harry!" I whisper shout. "Look!" I say. Running along in one of the corridors is Peter Pettigrew. Both of us stand up and I hastily wake up Rigel. "Come on!" I say. He nods and follows us.

We are walking in the corridor and the three of us have our wands out. I look at the map and see Pettigrew coming towards us. Harry steps in front of me and I curl into Rigel. Pettigrew gets closer to us and I burry my face in Rigel's chest. Harry whips his wand around and no ones there. "What's going on?" I say. Harry shrugs but his eyes widen. He quickly taps the map, whispering "Mischief Managed." Then he says "Nox." Rigel and I do the same.

Snape comes walking up to us. "Potter, Lupin, Black, what are you three doing wandering the corridors at night?" He sneers. "Nothing. We were sleepwalking." Harry says. "How extraordinarily like your parents you three are. They too were exceedingly arrogant, strutting about the castle." Snape says.

"Our parents don't/didn't strut, and nor do we." The three of us say. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could lower your wand." Harry says. Snape lowers his wand to Harry's jumper pocket. "Turn out your pockets Potter." He says.

Harry pulls out the map but Snape thinks it's just a blank piece of parchment. Snape taps the map with his wand. "Reveal your secrets." He says. Writing appears on it and I scoff, knowing what's about to happen. "Read it." Snape orders.

"Messrs. Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and Pixie offer their compliments to Professor Snape and-" Harry suddenly stops. "Go on." Snape says. "-and request that he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business." Harry says sassily.

"Why you little-" Snape starts. "Professor!" Dad says. "Well, well, Lupin. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?" Professor Snape says. I lunge at him but Rigel holds me back.

Dad talks with Snape for a few moments before nodding to the three of us. "Come on kids." We get to his office and kinda of stand in the door way.

"Come in. Now, I haven't the faintest idea Harry, Joesy, Rigel how this map came to be in your possession, quite frankly I am astounded that you didn't hand it in. Did it never occur to you that this in the hands of Sirius Black is a map to you?" Dad says.

Rigel pales and grabs my hand. "No, sir." Harry says. "No. You know, your father never set much store by the rules either. But he and your mother gave their lives to save yours. And gambling their sacrifice by wandering around the castle, unprotected, with a killer on the loose seems to me to be a pretty poor way to repay them." Dad says to Harry.

"Now, I will not cover for you again, Harry, do you hear me? I want you to return to your dormitory and stay there. And don't take any detours. If you do, I shall know." Dad says shaking the map about. I hang my head, knowing I disappointed him a bit.

"Professor/Dad/Uncle, just so you know we don't think that the map always works. Earlier it showed someone in the castle. Someone we know to be dead." The three of us say.

"Oh really, and who might that be?" Dad asks. "Peter Pettigrew." We all say. Dad looks stunned. "That's not possible." He says. "It's just who we saw dad." I say. "Goodnight." We all say before heading back to the Gryffindor common room.

~~~~~~~~~<~><~<<><<><<~><>~><<>>><~~~<<~
Hey guys. I'm so sorry you had to wait a full week for the update. This week has been a bit hectic for me. Hope you like it!
Love,
Potterhead0226