drive.

the sound of the soft, kind tires crushing the stubborn, unpredictable gravel.
the way the light smiles lovingly upon the trees of its creation, bounces enthusiastically off windscreens, casts the shadow of the ever-looming mountain.
the effervescently green forests.
the fact that he should have known better.

gloom; a blanket of sadness, some would say; they are blind. it is a comforting hug, filled with beautiful life, nature's very own calming serum. it kisses the top of the mountains and breathes onto the ground.

teardrops of rain smatter the windscreen, sliding upwards and ascending into adrenaline filled free-fall.

surrounded by ancient, teeming wildlife, modern highway jarring the scene.

tear me apart, expose yourself to me, make matted hair and bloody hands. i'm tired of lonely cities, give me more, make me an animal. they hate you, but please tell me you'll turn down death when he asks your hand. we're just trying to get through, we build bridges, we build houses, we cut through you. they destroy you, but please tell me you'll keep your friends near and your senses alive.

one day i will join your rain and fire. i will watch the sky turn golden from all angles, her arms around me, finally at peace, finally no more expectations, finally nothing but unprecedented joy. nothing but rolling hills with white picket fences, nothing but rain drumming on a tin roof, nothing but glistening leaves, glistening roads.

nothing.

i haven't written something i'm vaguely proud of in a while so pls excuse this badly written mess i'm just trying to get back into the swing of it thank bye xxx