Chapter iii

Later on that night, we made cookies in the kitchen, and Tana sang christmas songs with Rini. The two terribly off key, but it was a great night for them. For me, not so much. I had to clean, and then get my work clothes ready for tomorrow. I hated working at the local hotel so much.

I worked two jobs. One at a hotel, and the other was at torrid of course.
I loved Working at Torrid, but working at the hotel was an absolute nightmare for me. I usually had to run around to put stuff where it was supposed to go and I had to clean loads of rooms before the guests got to their rooms. It was bad for me though. Being the fact that my boss worked me like I was some highly functioning working machine that was up 24/7, which I'm sorry to burst his bubble, I wasn't.

Then there was the fact I couldn't be home for Christmas with Rini every year. It pained me, but this year, I felt better. I felt so much better seeing as Nageen took my shift. God please bless that woman with all of your power. Looking over at Rini, I picked her up and smiled.

"Alright Rini, time for a bath." I said, scooping her up into my arms. We were now headed towards the bathroom.

About ten minutes went by and Rini sat in the bathtub. She played with her toys and I smiled at her. She was so cute, and innocent as she played with her toys. She looked at me with a smile and I smiled back. I was glad I got to cheer my little girl up, because I hated to see her sad. Yet at the same time, she was getting really big.

"Mummy," she said. I looked at her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Mummy." She said. I looked down at her.

"Yes Angel?" I asked curiously.

"Do you know what I want for Christmas?" she asked. I shook my head.

My mind immediately went towards the fact that she might want a doll, but then again she did want that snoopy toy she saw in the toy store.

"I don't want any toys, this year, I want a daddy. And that's all I really want." she smiled.

I looked down and sighed. Tears tried to force their way out, but of course  I wouldn't let them. I wasn't going to let her see me cry, but at this point it was too late. I started to sob and I looked at her.

"I'm sorry to say this Rini, but Santa can't bring you a daddy." I said as I wiped my tears. She looked at me with her beautiful green eyes and smiled.

"He can if you believe." She said, and I smiled at her words.

She was so strong and optimistic for being four years old. I know I always told her anything was possible, but this wasn't. It wasn't possible at all! The doorman didn't like me in that way, and I didnt like him like that either, so I couldn't do anything there.

The thought of being with someone again scared me though. It scared me so much because I didn't know if they would stay. Jake left, and I was afraid it would happen again. I also didn't want Rini to get too attached and cry once me and this certain someone grew apart.

Getting Rini out and dressed, I sent her off to bed. Sitting next to her in bed, I read her a story, and kissed her good night. The only light on was the small lamp and I looked at her peaceful face. So beautiful and so innocent.

Walking out of the room and out into the living room, I started to talk to my sister about what Rini and I discussed. I was heartbroken. Not just for me, but also for her.