Chapter xviii

Tana and I sat at her bed side, crying. Rini looked over at me and she looked confused. I looked back over at my young and innocent daughter who did not know what was going on.

"It's okay, Grandma's only sleeping mommy." She said, and tears kept spilling out of my eyes.

"No Sweetheart, Grandma's going to heaven..." I said still crying.  Sean soon ran into the room and looked at me.

He wrapped his big strong arms around me and I sobbed into his chest. Rini started to cry too, and she held onto Tana. Tana rubbed her back, and I kept sobbing into Seans chest. This was officially the worst Christmas eve of all Christmas eve's.

"I know you don't have a job, and I know you couldn't pay off the four months rent, so I paid for it, and I want you to come live with me." He said as he held onto me.

I looked at him wide eyed, and held onto him hugging him as the tears in my eyes began to keep pouring out. Sean was such a blessing to me in my life, and I felt as if he was my personal guardian angel. I felt happy around him, and just him doing what he told me he did, it made my life much happier.

Snuggling into his chest, he played with my hair and kissed my head. Tonight, I was going to take Rini to the midnight processional at our church. There the beautiful singers in our Lutheran church would single O Holy Night and Do You Hear What I Hear. They were both my favorite Christmas songs, and just that alone would make me feel at least a little better.

Rini however, was only going to go hear the bells. She loved the bells, and I was hoping Sean would come with us. Sean was like the father Rini never had in her life and I was so happy that the two had gotten along. I was also happy that Tana got to know him and that she liked him.

"I don't think we'll be able to make it to the service, dad wants to see us." Tana said checking her phone. Rini cried.

"I want to hear the bells!" She said crying even more. Sean nodded.

"I know sweetheart," he said.

I sighed and got up. I couldn't be in this room anymore. The sight of my mother dead made me sick, and so we all left. Sobbing. I was now going to have to get through the Christmas, but thankfully, I had my sister, daughter, and my boyfriend Sean.

As soon as I had gotten into my car with Rini, I heard the lyrics to Away In A Manger. Martina McBride of course, had been singing the song, and I started to cry as I heard the lyrics.

Away in a manger

No crib for His bed

The little Lord Jesus

Lay down His sweet head

The stars in the sky

Look down where He lay

The little Lord Jesus

Asleep on the hay

The cattle are lowing

The poor Baby wakes

But little Lord Jesus

No crying He makes

I love Thee, Lord Jesus

Look down from the sky

And stay by my side

'Til morning is nigh...