Chapter xvi

Getting home, I sat down on the couch and cried. I quit my job and so that Christmas bonus wasn't coming to me. Rini held onto me and started crying. I knew she was only trying to defend herself, and I wasn't mad at her, I was mad at David O'Connor.

He had no business threatening me like that. Especially to Rini's face, and he had no right to call her a brat. He was a scrooge, and everyone knew it. I sighed and my phone buzzed. It was Sean.

I couldn't tell him what happened to me at work today. I was too embarrassed to tell him, and I was scared of what he would say or think. Tana soon grabbed my phone and answered it. I looked at her horrified and she rolled her eyes.

"Hi Sean, um could you come over, it's urgent." Tana said.

"Urgent?" He asked, as I could hear him over the phone.

"Yup, are you busy at the moment?" She asked.

"Well, I am at the Toys R Us here, it's a lot bigger than the one we have in London and-" Tana cut him off.

"Okay, so you'll be here?" She asked.

"Of course." He said stunned and he hung up.

I looked at Tana and she looked at me. I couldn't believe she was doing this to me. She was going to ruin the relationship I had with Sean just like that. And it wouldn't be long until he was done Christmas shopping.

Getting off of the couch, I went to go and pour myself a glass of chocolate milk. Tana soon turned on the radio and my favorite Martina McBride song came on. It was called, In My Daughters Eyes. Rini looked at me and hugged me tightly.

I couldn't believe that I had lost job, and my own daughter was there to see it. I heard a knock at the door about fifteen minutes later, and Tana opened the door. It was Sean. He had gifts in his hands, and he had seen that my eyes were red and puffy.

Sean looked over at me with a sad look. Dropping everything out of his hands, he ran over to me.

"What happened love?" He asked. I started to cry again.

"I-I q-quit because m-my b-boss th-threatened r-rini." I said fastly, and I was crying even harder. Rini looked at him.

"He was being a scrooge, and so Rini called him Scrooge." Tana said.

"Rini what did the man tell you?" Sean said. Rini cried as well.

"He said if I didn't stop crying that he'd fire my mommy!" She said crying even more, and Sean furrowed his eyebrows.

"That's no way to treat your employee's child or employee even." He said.

"That's not even the worst part." I said.

"I can't get my bonus because I quit, and what makes this is even worse, is that I'm going to loose my apartment!" I said crying even more. Sean just hugged me and kissed my head.

"Not on my watch." He said and I kept crying.