Chapter vi

December 11, 2016

The next week, I was at the local Torrid in the mall, and I was putting some of the clothing away their respected places. My friend Janelle, who was an amateur plus size model, looked over at me with a smile. Her hair was short, but was also a dark raven coloured hair that curled up into gorgeous spirals. She also had olive coloured skin and light hazel eyes. Today Janelle and I were putting clothes away and pulling out new clothes for our Christmas collection.

"So, any plans for the holidays?" Janelle asked. I put a load of old ugly sweaters away, and grabbed the box cutter.

"I'll be home with Rini this year," I smiled, and I pointed to a box across the aisle. Janelle ran and grabbed the box from down the aisle and pushed it to me. I grabbed it and started to cut the top open.

"Got a date for that Christmas party the hotel you work at is throwing?" She asked. I sighed.

"Nope, I'm probably just gonna work, alittle help here?" I asked as I was trying to cut open the box. She nodded and helped open the box.

We both kept putting the ugly sweaters away onto the shelves. The Christmas music was also playing in the background as we both put more clothes away. When we were done, I looked over at the toy store and looked at the giant Christmas snoopy plush in the store. I sighed.

How I wanted to buy that Christmas snoopy plush for my little girl. She was telling me about how she wanted it. Shortly afterwards, a man came in. He was quite handsome and had a light yet scruffy beard. Though it was well groomed and kept, and looked as if there were no beard at all.

He looked at me with a smile and I smiled back. His light hazel eyes looking at my light ice blue ones. Janelle smiled at the love sick grin on my face. I was behind the counter, and soon he coughed.

"Ahem." She said as she coughed. I looked at her and shook my head.

"Hello what can I do for you today sir?" I asked. He smiled again and laughed.

"Well, I need to find a dress in red. A two X please." He said.

I nodded and I went towards the back and motioned him to follow me. He followed me, and once I found a dress that was a two x, I gave it to him smiling. He must've been shopping for his wife. I mean, what man that gorgeous doesn't have a wife? Or at least a girlfriend/fiancé.

Walking back over to the counter, I rang up his stuff and smiled.

"Your wife is going to love this." I said, and I heard him chuckle.

"Oh no love, I don't have a wife, it's for my sister." He said, continuing to chuckle. My eyes widened, now I felt embarrassed and confused.

He smiled at me, and I put the dress into a fancy bag. He looked at me for a while and spoke up.

"Michelle," he said trailing off. I looked at him with a confused look. Not knowing how he knew my name, but shortly after I looked down at my name tag, and then back at him.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"Would you like to get some coffee with me?" He asked. I looked shocked and nodded.

"I'd like that very much." I said, and he chuckled. I soon gave give a his receipt but he wrote his number down above his signature. I smiled, and once he left Janelle smiled at me.

"You just got asked out on a date." She said and I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess I did." I said, and I kept going on with my day.

I guess this Christmas just got a lot better...

______________________________________________________________________

AU [EDIT]: Thank you guys so much for reading this story. As we approach the watty's I want you all to share this on the competition's page. This way I have a better chance of winning, and even if I don't win, it's fine. Because I wrote this for fun and you all to enjoy (: Again thank you so much for reading.

XXX

Dree