TWO | FRANCO.

fun sized. chapter two.

tell me pretty lies, look me in the face
tell me that you love me
even if it's fake

❝ tell me pretty lies, look me in the facetell me that you love meeven if it's fake ❝

——

STEVEY QUIETLY made her way down the hallway with dwight by her side, not in any type of conversation. the only thing filling the silence was the sound of their boots hitting the concrete ground with each step they took.

"stevey! my favorite thing in the whole goddamn world! and d! my best man!" the two heard a familiar voice boom from around the corner. they came face-to- face with negan, who was smiling widely, dressed in his usual attire, lucille dangling down by his leg.

"hey dad," stevey replied, grinning as he lifted his fist and she bumped it with hers, their usual greeting for one another. dwight kneeled, his hands going behind his back. stevey held back her eye roll, she lost count of how many times she's tried telling her father to get rid of that rule, at least for dwight and simon, but her father always shot her down.

"alright stand the fuck up d, i have a job for you to do," negan grinned, while dwight stood up. stevey clasped her hands together behind her back, rocking back and forth from her toes to her heels. "yes sir?" dwight asked, his eyes focusing on the leader. stevey pursed her lips, wanting her father to hurry up and say whatever he wanted to say so they could go get breakfast, she hasn't eaten since before they left last night, and to say she was starving wouldn't cover it.

"you can go watch mr. new guy work the fence, make sure he's doing his job, alright?" negan answered, smiling widely. dwight nodded, than hurried off down the hallway and around the corner, leaving the father and daughter alone. "how are you, pumpkin?" negan questioned, his arm draping around her shoulders as they walked side-by-side down the empty, semi dark hallway.

"eh, i'm alright," stevey shrugged, her eyes wandering in every which direction. "how are you?" she asked her father, turning her head to the right to look at him. he looked around the hallway, making sure it was only the two of them, before he sighed and ran his hand down his face.

"oh i'm just peachy... still breathing so, that's a plus," he grinned at his daughter. stevey forced a small smile, although she heard the exhaustion in his voice.

"i know people don't ask you that, because they think you're fine, they think you're great, even. but i'm not them, dad. i'm stevey, and you can tell me anything." she finished, her eyes flickering downwards to her boots.

"you took my line," negan replied, ignoring stevey's groan and eye roll. she was fed up with her father acting all tough, he wasn't a robot, he had feelings, he had to have feelings. stevey remembered simpler times when he didn't act like the big bad wolf, of course, those times were when her mother was around.