NINE | DON'T TELL.

fun sized. chapter nine.

god, i wish i never spoke
now i gotta wash my mouth out with soap
——

STEVEY WAS quiet the whole car ride home, which was unusual. franco tried to get her to talk, he tried cracking jokes but none of it worked, the stone cold expression remained on her face as she kept her arms crossed over her chest, eyes glued to the trees passing by her window. she knew she was in for it when they arrived back home, negan didn't say a word to her the whole way there, he spoke to simon who was driving the vehicle but that was it.

stevey didn't know what was wrong with her, or why she felt like she had such a connection to rick. all she knew was that it made her stomach feel sick whenever she watched her father torment him, he didn't deserve it. rather negan was hurting him or one of the other alexandrian's that same expression filled with guilt, pain and fear crossed over his face. stevey hated it, with negan being her father she felt a little responsibility.

when the truck pulled into the sanctuary, stevey was the first one to open her door and jump out of the vehicle, franco quickly following behind her. their doors slammed shut behind them, and negan was quick to trail after the two. "stevey lucille! you better stop right now!" the man yelled after his daughter, stopping her before she could enter the factory. franco and stevey shared a glance as they stood side by side, the girl wanted to do anything but listen to her father in that moment, but knowing him he would probably drive right back to alexandria and make some more people suffer just for stevey's punishment.

the brunette turned around, as she met her father's stare on her she glared back at him, crossing her arms over her chest as her jaw clenched. "what? what is it?! i'm listening to whatever bull shit story you wanna tell me!" stevey exclaimed, hands balling into fists. franco tensed beside her, his eyes flickering back and forth from the duo who were currently in a stare off. stevey only ever yelled at negan when she caught him cheating on her mother, usually she stayed quiet when it came to him.

"i don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to but it ends now! turn around and go to your room, i don't wanna see you for the rest of the damn day!-"

"oh right because i'm the bad person?! how is it that you're the killer but i get scolded for what? having feelings?!" stevey interrupted her father, both of their voices now raised so they were shouting at one another. negan shook his head, taking fast steps forward to get closer to his daughter, stevey's expression dropped at this, as she flinched and her hands reached backwards only to hit a wall.

"you think rick is such a good fucking leader? i don't know what the fuck your deal is with that place but i'm not putting up with it. i don't give a shit about your teenage fucking crushes, stevey. he killed all our damn men at the outpost and you feel bad for him?" negan stopped as he let out a bitter chuckle, shaking his head. "if you ever get involved again like you did today.. there will be major consequences, do you fucking hear me?" negan spoke to the girl in a tone that was low and stern, their faces only inches apart. stevey nodded her head once, as tears began blurring her vision.

"take her to her room," negan turned his head to franco as he spoke to him, before the leader turned on his heel and walked away from the two friends, leaving the boy to look after a visibly distressed stevey. "c'mon, steve.. let's go watch a movie and eat the worst junk food we can possibly find." franco tried to take stevey's attention off of her father as he gently tugged at her arm, pulling her into the direction of the entrance to the sanctuary.