SEVEN | BED TIME.

fun sized. chapter seven.

you're severed from the people
who've watched you grow up

❝ you're severed from the peoplewho've watched you grow up ❝

——

STEVEY HAD mentally cursed herself for stuttering as she stood in front of rick, her hands clasped together, she tilted her head upwards to meet his gaze.

"yeah, he's upstairs with carl," rick replied as he stepped aside and opened the door wider for stevey to enter. the girl looked into the house, before she stepped inside. her eyes scanned the area, it looked the same as it did a few hours ago, same baby toys scattered across the living room floor, same picture up on the wall that stevey was once caught staring at.

the girl did not want to hangout with carl and franco, she loved franco and always hung out with him, he wasn't the problem, the other teen was. he didn't seem like someone stevey wanted to be friends with, and she was sure that franco wanted to be alone with him, anyways. so, stevey sat down on the couch without thinking, while rick closed the front door. he stared at her from his position behind the couch.

"why did your dad trust you here? what if we hurt you? how can he trust us?" rick questioned, confusion clear in his voice. stevey shrugged, she figured he was right, considering at that exact momen, rick and her were alone. he could've hurt her if he wanted to, if he was that type of person. if he wanted to cause negan the pain that he had caused him when he threatened to hurt his child, rick very well could hurt stevey. but he wouldn't. he wasn't the same kind of person negan was, and that's why stevey was allowed to stay, negan knew that, he knew rick was a good person.

"i don't know, i guess he thinks if you guys were to try and hurt me, there would be an extreme aftermath. you would be risking one of your own if you were to harm me," stevey replied, her eyes flicked upwards to watch rick walk around the couch, the man remained he sat down beside her. there was a moment of silence between the two, before rick spoke up.

"why don't you go hangout with the boys?" he questioned as he leaned back into the couch, crossing his arms over his chest, turning his head to the side to look at stevey. it sounded like a suggestion and a question combined, not like he was trying to get rid of the girl.

"franco has a crush on your son," stevey shrugged, her eyes not leaving it's gaze on the tv stand. she heard rick chuckle, and her lips stretched into a small smile.

"so i figured they would want to be alone — well, franco does," the brunette added. the two fell into comfortable silence, whilst they both thought about everything and anything.