EIGHT | DON'T COME BACK HERE.

fun sized. chapter eight.

and i try to refrain but you're stuck in my brain
and all i do is cry and complain
because second's not the same
——

STEVEY AWAKES to an empty, cold, unfamiliar bed, and she almost has a panic attack when she opens her eyes and is not met with the comforting scene of her own bedroom in the sanctuary. then the events of the previous night come flooding back into her memory, and she remembers she had spent the night in alexandria. in rick's house. in rick's bed. if her father found out he would for sure feed rick to the walkers while everyone else were forced to watch.

stevey forced herself up into a siting position, as her eyes wandered around the room. the girl glanced around, searching for a digital clock, in but found none, the saviors had probably taken it along with everything else. the teenager dragged herself up out of the bed, and slipped on her boots that she had taken off sometime during her stay yesterday. she knew her father would be there soon to collect her and franco.

when stevey reached the bottom of the steps, she noticed rick in the kitchen with his back facing her, and judith sitting in her high chair near him. "hey," stevey's quiet voice broke the man out of his thoughts. rick turned around to face the girl, and managed a small smile when he made eye contact with her. he had been making eggs and pancakes, with the little bit of stuff he had to make them with left, since the saviors had taken half of their food supply the day prior.

"hey.. you hungry? i'm making eggs and pancakes," rick offered to the teenager. stevey licked her lips, as she watched the man move around the kitchen, preparing breakfast for his family.

"oh, i-i don't want to be a bother, i have more than enough food back at the sanctuary.. i don't want to take yours.." stevey felt the pang of guilt hit her like a train. rick stopped what he was doing, his back facing the brunette, he couldn't help but think about how different her and negan were, despite them being father and daughter.

"it's alright, you can have some, i don't want you to be hungry." rick responds. for one, he didn't want to risk what negan would do if he sent his daughter home and he found out she hadn't been given any food. two, because he wanted stevey to eat, who knows how much longer it would be until she got home and was able to get food into her. he didn't want her to wait that long.

stevey tells rick she's going to go upstairs to wake Franco, he says okay and continues onwards with making breakfast, now adding more because he had forgotten about the extra teenage boy he had in his house.

stevey enters the bedroom across the hall from rick's, without knocking she pushes the bedroom door opened, only to see both the boys asleep on the bed, but carl's head was on franco's chest and their arms were wrapped around each other. stevey clamped her hand over her mouth, to stop herself from laughing and ruining franco's time with the boy.

though she didfeel bad for having to wake them, but stevey didn't know when her father would arrive, and she didn't want to keep him waiting when he did just in case he got comfortable and decided to hang out for a little while like last time.

"franco? hey, wake up," stevey lightly shook his shoulder, not wanting to move carl and wake him, too. though they were both light sleepers, which caused both the teenage boy's eyes to open as soon as she finished speaking. franco rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes, getting them to adjust to the light.