FIVE | LET HIM GO.

fun sized. chapter five.

i'm searching, for something
that i, can't reach

❝ i'm searching, for somethingthat i, can't reach ❝

——

STEVEY AND franco made their way down the empty hallways of the sanctuary, chatting about small things that didn't matter, not anymore, but it managed to keep them occupied. "woah, did you see that?" franco cut their conversation short, his eyes locked onto the scene a few feet ahead of them.

"what?" stevey asked, turning her head to look straight ahead, seeing dwight, the prisoner from alexandria that stevey remembered as daryl, and two other saviors were stood at the end of the hall. "see what?" stevey questioned, her attention turning back to franco.

"your pops just dragged my man into his bedroom," franco said, beginning to stride forward. "your man? franco, you don't have a man." stevey said, confusing clear in her voice, as she furrowed her eyebrows and followed after her friend.

"hey, who was that negan just brought in?" franco questioned as he stood in front of dwight and daryl. stevey stopped her pace once she reached the three boys.

"that information is classified, little man," dwight replied, earning a nose flare from franco. "dwight! i'm three inches taller than you!" franco shouted in reply, his arms shooting upwards. "if i tell you who he brought in, will you leave me the hell alone?" dwight asked, his eyes flickering between the two teens, they both nodded.

"it was carl g-"

"i told you it was my man!" franco punched stevey's shoulder, before he turned and busted into negan's bedroom. stevey rolled her eyes, before she followed franco into the room.

"keep rolling your eyes they'll fall outta' your head." dwight called after her, stevey ignored him as she shut the door to the bedroom. her father was sat on the chair that faced the door, his attention leaving the young boy across from him, to look at his daughter and the boy that had bursted into the room without knocking first.

"franco, what the hell did i tell you about entering before fucking knocking?" negan sighed, staring at franco, who was stood across from him. "not to do it," franco mumbled, shoving his hands in the front pockets of his jeans. stevey was stood with her arms crossed and her glare harsh on her father. after seeing carl in the seat across from her dad, his head dipped down, his sweaty fingers fiddling nervously with one another, stevey was more than angry.

rick's probably worried sick. stevey thought to herself.

"what is he doing here?" stevey spoke through gritted teeth. negan looked to his daughter, a smile spreading onto his lips. "well hello to you too dear daughter," the man grinned, leaning back in his chair as he folded his hands over one another, stevey clenched her jaw.

"oh, re-fucking-lax, stevey. carl here, showed up on his own. he grew some man sized fucking balls, and came to kill me," negan laughed loudly. carl kept his gaze down, and stevey mentally cursed her father. stevey was not worried for her father's well being, or angry at carl for attempting such things. there wasn't even a slim chance that the teen could've succeeded.

"let him go, dad-"

"no can fucking do, steve," negan cut his daughter's words off. franco stared at the boy in the sheriffs hat, his fingernails digging into the balls of his hands. while franco was worried for carl's sake, stevey on the other hand desperately wanted carl back home so rick wouldn't have to worry. he had a thousand other things to be having anxiety attacks about, the list shouldn't be expanding.

"he's our age, dad! he made a mistake-"

"one big ass sized mistake-"

"dad! let him go!" stevey ordered, her voice raising, and her words coming out in between clenched teeth. negan tilted his head at his daughter's sudden outburst, franco stiffened beside her. the father and daughter duo had quite the same personality's, both hotheaded and stubborn. when they wanted something, they got it. which was why the two were constantly butting heads.

"get out, stevey. and take your friend with you." negan demanded, his tone showing no trace of humor. "what did i do?" franco asked, throwing his arms up. negan rolled his eyes, anger beginning to radiate off of him.

"alright alright, i'm gone!" franco quickly left the room.

"come back when your attitude is gone," negan scolded to stevey, his eyes never leaving her. the girl crossed her arms over her chest, practically stomping out of the room. the brunette flung open the door, and slammed it shut, making it known that she was anything but happy. before the door could fully close, she heard her father call out after her.

"stay close! you're coming to alexandria with me!"