TEN | CHOOSE ME.

fun sized. chapter ten.

i don't want your body, but i hate to think
about you with somebody else
——

IN THE MORNING stevey awoke laying on her side, her nose touching something unfamiliar and her ear pressed against skin. opening up her eyes, she realized her head was resting on top of rick's arm, the one he had stretched out across the pillows, and her face had been nuzzled up against his bare chest. she could feel his fingers in her hair, on top of her head with his elbow touching her cheek, almost like he was cradling her head against him.

stevey closed her eyes back shut, savoring the moment. the events from last night flooding back, she felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach at the thought of her father waking up, walking into stevey's bedroom to find an empty bed, he'd then check franco's after that, only to be met with an empty bedroom. he'd scream through the whole sanctuary, practically yelling the building down to the ground, then after he realized the two were gone, he'd start sending swat teams to find them. the only question was when? when would he show up to alexandria, because he'd get the hint to check there eventually.

at the thought of her father finding out that stevey betrayed him, he'd kill everyone there, she was sure of it. despite everything in her not wanting to, stevey pushed herself up into a siting position, facing the sleeping rick, she had to make sure he was prepared, he had to get everyone together to be ready for her father and the saviors arrival. the leader looked more relaxed than ever, for once not worrying about his families safety and someone dying every day. stevey didn't want to wake him, she wanted to lay back down beside him and sleep til it was all over with, but that just wasn't practical.

"rick? hey.. rick," stevey lightly shook his shoulder, watching rick as his eyes squeezed shut, he bent his arm that had been stretched out across the pillow to rub at his eyes, scrubbing his hand down his eyes. he blinked them open, meeting stevey's sleepy gaze. the leader breathed out a chuckle, shaking his head. "ya know, we really gotta stop doing this," rick spoke, his arms coming up to place his intertwined hands behind his head, looking at the brunette.

"why?" stevey decided to ask, figuring it wouldn't put her in any more trouble than she was already in. rick examined her for a moment, though the look in his eyes told stevey he was trying to come up with a response. "because i'm twice your age.. and your dad would kill me, literally," rick responded, as he pushed himself up to sit beside the brunette. stevey glanced down at the blanket covering her lap, breaking their eye contact.

rick slid out of the bed first, shirtless with nothing but a pair of grey sweats on. stevey watched him round the bed, pulling out a pair of jeans and a blue button up. the girl wasn't sure what to do, he seemed to be avoiding her gaze on him, as he left the room the head into the bathroom across the hall. stevey lowered herself back down onto her back, her head hitting the pillow. she stared up at the ceiling, hands folded over her stomach.

she wondered what her father was doing, what stage of the plan he was at. had he just discovered stevey was missing? or was he already outside the gates of alexandria? the girl felt sick in the pit of her stomach she was so scared of what he might do, not necessarily to her, but to the others. she wasn't sure why rick was in the shower, she thought he would've been gearing everyone up like an army outside to wait for the saviors.

when rick came back into the bedroom, he had a white towel wrapped around his waist and water droplets running down his chest and shoulders. stevey watched him, her lips parting as she sat back against the headboard of the bed. after closing the drawer, rick turned and met her gaze, grinning at her gaze on him.