SIX | THE WAY YOU LOOK AT HIM.

fun size. chapter six.

everything is blue
his pills, his hands, his jeans

❝ everything is bluehis pills, his hands, his jeans ❝

——

STEVEY AND FRANCO were seated next to each other in the back seat of one of the many saviors trucks. negan and carl were in one of the larger vehicles towards the front of the line, as while franco, stevey, simon and dwight were all riding in the last truck together.

"is there a reason why my father wanted a swat team to return carl?" stevey asked, leaning over to look at both dwight and simon who were in the front seats. "because we need to make sure that my man stays safe," franco replied, nudging stevey's shoulder. the girl rolled her eyes playfully, a grin creeping onto her lips despite the bitter mood she was in.

the rest of the ride was quiet, besides the four singing along to the eminem cd that stevey kept in the truck, all being the same songs, but she adored the old rapper, so she didn't mind. once the small group arrived at the community, they exited the vehicle, and stood by the truck, awaiting to be told where to go.

dwight and simon weren't sure if they were supposed to wait outside while the boss man handled things, or if they were supposed to go inside and back him up, so they decided to await orders. stevey and franco followed their lead.

"stevey!" the teenager looked over at the sound of her name being called. seeing her father waving her over, she quickly walked to the front gates where her father was to see what he wanted.

"i want you to stand right here, and wait for rick to return. bring him to me once he does," negan smiled, clapping stevey on her back shoulder. the teen licked her lips, nodding her head.

negan signaled dwight, franco and simon to follow him inside. as the boy past his friend by the gates, he smirked and shot her a wink. "this is your chance to get your man," he whispered, grinning.  "get out of here," stevey playfully shoved him away, a smile soon spreading onto her lips as franco stumbled and laughed.

stevey leaned back against the gates, watching her father, his right- hand man, her two friends and carl walk deeper into the community, as she waited for the leader to arrive. hours began to pass, the sun began to go down, and stevey started to wonder if rick was ever gonna show up. stevey was sat down, her legs crossed as she leaned back against the side of the wall, right at the entrance to the community.

as stevey felt herself began to drift off, she heard a familiar voice call her name. "stevey?" the girl opened her eyes, and looked around, before turning her head to the right and seeing rick making his way down the road, his brows furrowed in confusion. the girl stood up, trying her best to hide her shock at the fact that he remembered her name.