The Universe and the Dreams it Sends Me

Chapter Four

"Athena." The familiar voice came from behind, and I felt icy breath against my neck. The smell of burnt wood overwhelmed me, and for some reason I loved it. It was like he was a walking bonfire. My walking bonfire.

I didn't turn around to greet him, and instead let him embrace me from behind, falling into his chilling touch. I felt...right. Like coming home after a long vacation. Being somewhere else was fun, but in the end you just wanted to be right at home.

I flinched when his fingertips brushed my hair, exposing my neck, letting the cool air kiss my skin. He brought his lips to my neck, landing lingering wet kisses. He trailed down my neck, only stopping until he was right above my collar bone.

I knew what came next, I knew that it hurt but I wanted it, needed it. I moaned softly, letting him know he was taking too long. In an instant I felt his teeth penetrate my skin, and I closed my eyes against the stinging. Waves of pleasure and pain washed through me like a storm, ravaging every organ and muscle until I went limp in his arms. He held me up, continuing to drink from me like I was a milkshake.

I smiled as he lowered me to the ground until I was lying in his lap, opening my eyes briefly to take in his beautiful, platinum curls.

He lifted his mouth, his lips dripping with my blood.

And then he smiled.

I felt violated, disgusted. Like what the hell brain? Why don't you go and give me the weirdest dream in the book, and then make me enjoy that dream like some sort of sick psychopath! Not to mention that it was second period and I was still completely disturbed over the whole thing. Carl seemed to notice judging by the weird looks he was giving me.

He didn't say anything though, and for that I was grateful. I needed to suffer through the aftereffects alone. Lunch came quicker than expected, and I didn't even notice how cheery everyone looked until Sara waved a pale hand in my face.

"Hey you! Stop day dreaming we all have something to say!" I snapped out of my thoughts, my eyes focusing on the four smiling faces in front of me. Smiling as in non-creepy this time.

I looked to Carl, seeing his proud smile before turning back to the group.

"We all are very sorry for the way we acted yesterday." Samuel said, swiping his black hair from his eyes. I gulped nervously.

"It's fine." I managed to say, smiling. Sara looked extremely relieved, pressing a hand to her chest.

"Thank god, I don't know what came over me yesterday!" She started. "I was just so hungry." She chuckled, glancing at Carl. It was William's turn to talk.

"We had eaten actually, it's just something must've been bad in our food because it made us all weird and stuff."

Again, they all glared at Carl. He laughed nervously, winking at me.

"Why am I getting the feeling you had something to do with this?" I asked out loud. Carl's face paled, if that's even possible, and Tessa burst out laughing. They joined her, until it was left with a faint looking Carl and a flushed me.

They composed themselves rather quickly, Sara leaning over and resting her cheek on her palm.

"Sorry, we're not used to having this type of company." She smiled, her blindingly white teeth glaring at me. I smiled lopsidedly.

"What do you mean?"

Tessa nudged Sara's arm, sending her a stern look.

"What she means," Carl chimed in quickly. "Is that they've all been friends with only each other and having a new addition is something they need to get used to."

I nodded as if I understood, which I totally didn't. The hairs on the back of my neck rose and I instantly gazed to the right, my heart quickening in pace when I saw Peter's icy eyes on me.

The image of him, smiling with my blood swimming on his lips flashed in my brain. Terror suddenly jolted through me, and I flinched violently away, my hands immediately cupping the bottom of my neck. He looked away, releasing his hold on me and I turned back to the table.

The horror must have been clear on my face as they all stared at me with a knowing look.

"Sweetheart, you've gone deathly pale." Sara said, amusement hidden behind her words. Tessa chuckled quietly, as if they were sharing a private joke.

"Athena what's wrong." Carl asked, looking at my hand that was still rubbing the bottom of my neck. I flushed pink, shrinking away from him. I looked at the rest of the table, knowing by their curious gazes I wasn't getting out of this one.

I took a deep breath in, trying to hide my uncertainty with a tiny smile. They weren't buying it.

"It might sound weird..." I trailed off, peering at each of my friends in the eyes. "But I had this totally crazy dream last night." I finished, looking at Carl expectantly. He nodded his head, his face unreadable.

"Well Peter," I started, jabbing a thumb in his direction. "Was drinking..." My cheeks grew hot under their intense stares.

"Your blood?" William finished for me. I looked over to him, a knowing smirk looking back at me.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I breathed, my voice quiet. He shrugged, smiling.

"I'm psychic." He stated as if it were obvious. I couldn't help but laugh, even when I noticed Carl's lips pressed into a grim line.

Carl had disappeared after lunch again, and I didn't even bother looking for him. I was relieved to find that Dahlia was only pressed up against Peter this time rather than hugging his lips. I avoided looking Peter directly in the eyes, and breathed out a sigh of relief when she noticed me immediately. She must've been waiting.

"What's up sis?" She called out from where I was standing ten feet away. I looked at her weirdly. Never in her life had she called me 'sis'. "Peter here is coming home with me today." She said, smirking. I rolled my eyes.

Of course, it was Friday after all. I should've made my dad let us stay home for the rest of the week instead of choosing to return on a Thursday. At least then I wouldn't have to listen to their moans and groans right after my second day here.

I shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant as I walked away from her. Her clicking heels followed quickly behind, and I just knew Peter was their next to her. I sped up my walking, making it to the car minutes before they arrived.

Evangeline was in the front seat and I sat in the passengers. She gave me a dirty look.

"What are you doing in the passenger's seat?" She asked venomously. I gestured out the window where Dahlia was currently leaning all her weight on Peter.

He was peering at her, a wide smile on his face. Her cheeks were bright pink, and she ran a finger down his chest. I looked away, jealousy taking hold. It surprised me, mostly because I still thought Peter was a sexual predator.

"Oh! How nice of you Athena! Letting them take the back seat together." I shrugged, not mentioning that I only sat up here because I wasn't taking the chance of sitting next to either of the two.

They entered the car, tumbling in together like some sort of romance movie. I rolled my eyes, staring out of the window and hoping the car ride home was quick and painless.

Like ripping off a Band-Aid.

*~*

So guys! Let me know in the comments what you thought! Freaky dream huh? Wonder what that was all about... 

Let me know what you think is gonna go down over the weekend, and I will see you next chapter!

Picture is what a 'Fantastic' vampire might look like. If you have no idea what I'm talking about check out the part right before the first chapter. It has all the vamp information and you might get a little more insight at whats going on even thought nothing super duper major has happened yet. 

If you've read this far comment 'ripping off Band-Aids hurt'