Artur

**TRIGGER WARNING** This chapter contains mentioning of rape. A * symbol will be placed before and after the scene so you know where to skip ahead too. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Chapter 16

There was a low humming sound, a noise that might belong to an old light minutes from burning out. I opened my eyes, staring straight at another man a few feet away from me. My eyes widened as my kidnapping filled my brain, and I struggled in the chair I was strapped down to.

My hands were bound tightly together, thick rope burning into my wrists. Tears fell down my cheeks when I tasted the cloth in my mouth. The man in front of me was tall judging by the way he was sitting, and he was dressed in a nice suit. His blonde hair was neatly gelled down, and a smirk played on his pale face.

His eyes were green, and I remembered the glow they held in the dark. I shivered in my chair, tears refusing to stop falling.

"You're awake sooner than expected." He said, and I again noticed his thick Russian accent. I only stared at him, feeling as if I had seen him before. "It's a good thing, maybe then Peter will hear you cry."

Confusion swept over me, but was quickly replaced by fear when the man reached forward. I tried to look away, but his fingers found my face, tracing down my cheek and wiping away my tears. Disgust and pure revulsion wracked my body, and his fingers ended on the cloth tied behind my head. He pulled on one end, untying the gag and throwing it to the floor.

My breaths came out hard and shallow, and once again the dark spots swam before my vision.

"Do you know why you're here Athena?" My name sounded vile on his lips, and I shuddered. I shook my head. He chuckled, as if he enjoyed my discomfort. "Let's just say that Peter has upset some very important people, and we're using you as leverage." The man said.

I coughed, my head still spinning.

"We met the other day at the park, when he told us he was no longer going to support our cause. I saw you, and the emotions Peter clearly held for you. It was almost too easy."

He was the man Peter was speaking with at the park. The man took out a flip-phone from his pocket, dialing in a number and pressing the speaker phone button. When the person picked up, the man didn't even wait for him to speak.

"Peter! Old friend!" The man said into the phone. My blood chilled. "We have a special gift for you." He said, giving me a wink.

"I told you Artur, I'm not interested in your money." Peter voice made me want to scream for him, and I almost did, until the man named Artur shook his head at me.

"Oh I think you'll like this one." Artur said darkly, reaching forward again. His hand ran up my thigh this time, and the tears started to come more rapidly.

"Please stop touching me." I said, hysteria enfolding around me like a blanket. His touch made me crazy, and not in the good way.

He continued to run his hand slowly up my thigh, sobs escaping my mouth as I squirmed desperately. The other end of the line was silent, and my sobs grew louder. My brain was fuzzy, and I couldn't think about anything else but the helplessness that left me fragile and broken. Not even Peter crossed my mind.

Artur's hand came across my face suddenly, earning a small scream from me. My cheek burned as the noise echoed across the room.

"Quiet now, you're going to give me a headache."

I pressed my lips together, letting my head hang low in defeat as silent tears dripped onto my jeans.

"Ah, looks like your little friend hung up." Artur said, and I could feel his smile creeping on his face.

My heartbeat pounded in my ears. Was Peter coming for me? Probably not. Hope left me like a gust of wind, leaving me weaker than before.

"I'd give him an hour or two, but after that you're all mine." Artur said into my ear, backing away and leaving the room.

The metal door clanged shut behind him, several bolts locking. I took this time to look around, taking in the concrete walls and floors. The ceiling held a large rectangular light that flickered every other second, as if clinging to life.

I don't know how long I sat here in this room, crying hysterically. At one point I fell into a dreamless sleep, only to wake up a few minutes later screaming. You always heard about kidnappings, you read them, watched them on TV, but you never lived them.

Now, completely sure Peter wasn't going to come for me, fear was the only thing I could feel. I could hear it pumping in my ears, making me paranoid. Looking over my shoulder, listening for footsteps outside the door.

**He was going to claim me here soon, I could feel it. What was he going to do to me? Drain me of my blood? Rape me senseless? Maybe play with my mind until I was a shivering mess? All of it seemed inevitable, and I found myself crying again.

**Bolts unlatched inside the thick metal door, and my head jerked up to see Artur walking in. I was right, he was extremely tall.

"It's been an hour." He said, looking down at me. I looked away, crying silently. Okay, I accepted my fate. My life was going to be fucked anyways; maybe he would kill me swiftly. "You have one hour left." He said simply, patting my cheek and turning away.

I stared after him as he closed the door, not hearing the bolts lock me in this time.

After what seemed like an eternity the door swung open again, and I jumped, staring wide eyed at the man who walked in. I recognized him as the one who pressed a gun to my back, and threatened to pull the trigger. His hair was messy and black; there was a red rim under his blue eyes, reminding me of a sickly child.

"It's been two hours." He said, leaning down until he was close to my face. "Boss says I can have you." He hissed, grabbing my red hair and pressing it behind my shoulder, exposing my neck.

"I would hate to ruin these pretty clothes." He said, smirking at me when he noticed the crimson tattoo. He pulled out a pocket knife, bringing it to my neck and slicing down.

I whimpered as he cut off my top, squeezing my eyes shut against that sickly smile. He leaned in closer, his hands gripping my bare sides as he pressed his mouth against my neck. I felt his teeth press against my skin, and I braced myself for the pain.

But there was none. There was only a gust of wind, and a loud snap of someone's neck twisting. Then everything went black, again. 

*~*

Alright so kind of a short one. 

Only three pages on Word.

Hope you still enjoyed though. 

Expect something totally unexpected next chapter!