Ocean of Red

Chapter 17

My eyes stung, as if they were dry from deprivation of blinking. I kept them squeezed shut, and that's when I felt it. It filled my senses, I could hear it in my ears, feel it ache in my bones, and smell the fear emitting form my very own body. I was falling.

My eyes shot open, and I was instantly blinded by the brightness. Red, everything was red. I forgot about falling as the crimson color dulled my very soul, seeping into me like a disease. I was staring up at a red sky, a scarlet moon hanging to the right of my vision.

I twisted, positioning myself until I faced downwards, my back to the scarlet moon. An ocean the color of wine fanned out below me, showing no end or beginning. It was only me, the wine-like ocean below me, and the ruby sky above me. A terrible desire bubbled up, forming in my core, and scratching its way up my throat and settling in my teeth.

The ocean, I needed to get to it, touch it at the very least. It was like a lust, a sinking desire that took hold of my brain and forced me to listen. I couldn't look away, and I forgot myself as I obeyed my mental command. I reached towards it, the waves just out of reach. A gust of wind kissed my face as the wave went by, and I realized I was floating.

I cried out, unfathomable sorrow charging through my veins as I realized I was forever parted from the one thing I desired most.

Fight.

The voice that echoed in my head was strong and commanding and... strangely familiar.

I cried out again, so ready to give up, my energy depleting and leaving me limp as I hung like a doll on a string, suspended in the air with the waves of crimson lapping tauntingly below me.

Fight damn it!

A gust of wind came from behind me, moving me forward less than a millimeter. Determination sparked through me, and I closed my eyes, forcing every cell of ambition I had left and combining it with the small amount of energy still keeping me awake. Adrenaline spurred me on, and I felt the wind grow stronger, each pulse of my heartbeat forcing me on.

Something wet emerged on my fingertips, and I opened my eyes, a mix of satisfaction, longing, and need entering me. The wind was that of a hurricane, plunging me into the ocean until it surrounded me, and I fell from the surface. The pleasure was incomprehensible and my body vibrated with contentment. I had made it; my lust was finished, though there was a small lingering part of it that silently whispered in my ear.

I will visit again.

*~*

This chapter is extremely short simply because it is a filler for the next part. 

It wasn't supposed to be long nor did I want it long.

Don't forget to hit the star button, see ya next chapter! Thanks for reading!