Chapter 2

(Amber POV)

I slowly open my eyes but quickly shut them as the bright light above me burns. I blink rapidly to adjust to the bright light and sit up but groan as soon as I do. My head throbs terribly and I can't stand it. I growl remembering the last face I saw was the God of lies. He did this!

I sit up against the glass wall and think of multiple ways of getting out. I have tried to scratch my way out but that didn't work. When I get my claws on that God, I will kill him! The pain in my head lessens and I lean my head back against the glass. I bring my tail closer to me and run my hands through it, brushing out all the knots.

I need to complete my task. I need those weapons from Stark Tower but I'm stuck here. What would Strucker think? I have never failed him, ever. If he knew I have been caught by the enemy, he will shock me like what they did to the Winter Soldier as punishment. It has happened to me once when I failed him. I cannot allow that to happen again.

I growl, thinking of how useless I feel in this cage. I feel like a caged animal. I twitch my ears when I hear the doors on the outside open and I shoot up from my spot, walking closer. As soon as I see those emerald green eyes, I growl, showing him my fangs.

He flinched for a split second and I smirk, knowing he fears me. They all fear me, I can smell the fear from miles away. He raises his hands in surrender. "I have brought a friend"

"Why? To gas me again?" I snap, walking closer to the glass.

"No, to help you" He tells the truth.

I frown and narrow my eyes. "I don't need help from anyone"

"It's more for your memory" Another voice says from the door. I growl at whoever it is and I see them flinch. Good.

"Who are you?"

"I am Bruce Banner, also known as the Hulk" he holds a clipboard and writes a few things down.

"I have heard of you creature. You are that green beast that tried to take me down." I look at him, thinking of ways to use him in my plan of escape.

"Well we have brought someone to help boost your memory gain" He takes his glasses off and gestures towards the door.

I look behind him to see a familiar woman, but I can't put my finger on it. She walks towards me nervously with the other god, Thor behind her. He reassures her and gives her a little nudge towards me.

She walks closer to the glass and looks at me, I do the same. She doesn't look anything like me. I am probably a head taller than her, she has brown hair and different coloured eyes. I watch as she puts her hand up to the glass and I stare at it.

"Amber?"

I growl a bit, why does she seem so familiar?

"It's me, Jane. I'm your older sister" This Jane says softly.

I step towards the glass until I am right in front of her. I see a slight fear in her eyes. I tilt my head to the side. "Jane?"

"Yes I am Jane, do you remember me?" She looks hopeful.

I shake my head and swish my tail a little. I see her head fall in disappointment. "But you do look familiar, I don't remember"

She turns towards the three men I forgot were there and she gives them a thumbs up. Then she shoos them out and I look at her in curiosity. The three men leave, the two gods giving one last glance before leaving.

She turns back to me. "I hope you don't mind if we could talk a little?"

I slowly nod and sit myself on the floor of the cage. She then tells me the story of her little sister, which is me but I don't remember. She told me that I am 5 years younger than her and that when I was 10, I got abducted by men. She said she has been looking all over for me since then. She became a scientist because of me, hoping to use her technology to find me. That's when she found SHIELD and asked to help. They told her they had spotted me a few times stealing from their base but unsuccessfully captured me. When they recently found leads to me going to Stark Tower, she was happy that she can get her sister back. But I feel like I disappointed her because I can't remember anything.