Chapter 5

(Amber POV)

I wake to hush talking nearby. I try to listen but I'm too tired to do anything. I then notice that I am moving up and down and that there is a weight on my lower back. My eyes flash open to see nothing but black. I move my head slightly to see that my head was buried in Loki's hair. If I wasn't a wolf pup, I would be blushing right now.

I notice now that I am laying on his chest and that his hand is laying over my body. I want to move to save me from embarrassment but he is so warm and comfortable. I wonder what it would be like to wake like this every morning. I then frown, why am I thinking this? I don't even like Loki, he's a friend. I have never really thought about this until now.

Sure I have warmed up to Jane, Loki and Thor but I thought us only as friends. Now that I think about it, why would Loki like someone like me? I am a monster, I have killed many people and I can't control my werewolf form, I could kill anyone within seconds without knowing.

I finally decide to move so I try wriggling out but I fail. But Loki does move a bit. It doesn't help though, because he moved me so he was hugging me like a toy. Great, I'm a toy now? I hear a low chuckle from somewhere but I can't turn to look. I try wriggling again and Loki stirred a bit.

I watch as he slowly opens his eyes and blinks a couple of times. I nudge him a bit to let him know I'm awake and I want to get up and he jolts slightly. He looks down to his arms where I am and his eyes widen.

"Amber! God I am so sorry!" He takes his arms off of me and I jump off of him to the floor near his feet. I stretch out a little, missing the warmth of his body and the way he held me. No I don't!

"Have a nice nap brother?" Thor asks, making Loki jump. I look to Thor to also see Jane there, smirking at me and Loki.

"In fact, I did" He rolls his eyes. He reaches down and scratches the back of my ear. I felt like melting in his hands.

"I have decided to take Jane back to SHILED for a while so she can catch up with all her work. We also need to inform Fury of the progress here. Are you okay to look after Amber for a while?" Thor asks.

"Sure, it should be fine, if that's okay with you Amber?" he looks down at me.

I give a nod, great. Spending a while alone with Loki. How am I to survive?

<><><><><>

Okay, to be honest, spending a few hours with Loki wasn't so bad. But I want to know how I would feel after a few weeks without my sister. During the time I have spent with them both, I have grown to trust them and I get to spend time with my sister.

Every time I'm near Loki, I feel something, like a connection or attraction towards him. I don't know why, he is my friend. He is nothing more. But why do I feel like this every time? I shake the thought out of my head.

Jane has a pool out the back of her house and I decided to go for a swim. I shift into my pup form and bound around the pool before jumping in. I rise to the surface and paddle around the pool.

I dive under again and try to swim to the bottom. I have been trying to train myself to swim deep under water in my pup form. I want all my wolf forms to be able to withstand almost anything and be strong.

I almost reach the bottom of the pool when all of a sudden, two large hands pick me up and bring me to the surface. I shake my head and I hear a chuckle in front of me. I open my eyes to see Loki is the one holding me.

I also then notice that he has no top on and he is half naked. I blushed furiously, but I'm glad that my pup form doesn't show it.

"What are you up to Amber?" He chuckles as I attempt to squirm out of his arms. He pulls me closer to his chest and I feel how muscled and smooth his body is. I give a little bark and I feel the vibrations emitting from his chest as he chuckles.