Chapter 4

It has been a month now since we had taken Amber here. Thor has visited every weekend like what Fury had said and to both Jane and my surprise, Amber is actually regaining her memories quite quickly. The most surprising was when we took her to a park and she had remembered that she was playing with Jane until the man, Strucker had taken her and left Jane unconscious on the road which she pointed out.

When Banner heard of this news, he was quite impressed to see that his experiment had worked. Amber had gotten used to living with Jane and me. I have also noticed that Amber and Jane have gotten much closer and spending more time together.

I have kept my distance most of the time, watching from a far of their relationship growing. I enjoy those times when Amber and I would talk alone while Jane was out with Darcy and Selvig discovering new sceincy things.

I don't know why, I just liked having her company. Jane at one point had asked me if I liked Amber but of course I denied it. But that made me think to myself, do I actually like her? No, she is just a friend. A friend that shares similar emotions to me and has sort of experienced the same things in the past but just differently. If you know what I mean.

This morning, I decided to help make breakfast whilst Jane was cleaning the house. I flip the pancake that I'm cooking and serve it on one of the three plates. I then put the next pancake batter on the pan and wait for it to cook.

Jane walks into the kitchen looking shocked. She looks at me and her mouth opens and closes like a fish. I raise my eyebrows at her and she face palms. She points outside the kitchen and I tilt my head to the side confused.

She groans silently and pulls me towards the living room. My jaw drops when I see why Jane is acting like that now. On the couch lies a sleeping wolf pup. "Who? What? When?"

"I don't know, I just saw this black fluff ball on the couch! I thought it was like a blanket or something until I saw it moving!" She exclaims, making these huge gestures.

I walk closer to it and poke it. It jolts awake and looks at me with a growl. It seemed to notice me and relax, nudging its nose into my hand. It looks up at me with huge black eyes and I realise who it is. The black fur and eyes. Amber.

"Jane, its Amber!" I pull Jane over and she looks closely.

"It is? Why is my sister a wolf!?" Amber gives Jane a grin. Well it's what it looked like anyway.

She then sits up and stretches. She then does a big yawn which I find cute. I slowly put my hand over her head and stroke her soft fur. She kind of makes the sound of a purr? Or is that what cats do? Well you know. She sticks her tongue out and rolls onto her back like a dog.

She wriggles around, wanting me to scratch her belly and that is what I do. Jane laughs a bit, watching as her little sister is having fun. I then smell something burning and I suddenly remember I had pancakes on the stove.

I run towards the kitchen, cursing under my breath. I scrape the burnt pancake into the bin and make a new one. I hear Jane walk in and I turn around to see Amber in her arms. Amber makes a cute little yelp as she jumps out of Jane's arms and lands on the counter top.

She trots over to me and sniffs the pancake mix. I can already see her ready to lick the bowl and I quickly pick her up and move her to the ground before she does anything. She whimpers and looks up at me with huge puppy eyes. I roll my eyes and take a spoon out of the drawer, scooping some of the batter out and handing it to Jane for her to feed Amber while I cook.

I flip the pancake and place it on a plate. I turn when I hear Jane laughing. Amber had finished the spoonful of batter and is now pouncing on Jane, licking her face. I roll my eyes. Amber is actually a nice girl. She is beautiful. Her smile lights up my day, her eyes are just... I snap out of my daydream. What am I doing! She is just a friend! For crying out loud!