Chapter 8

"Do you think they gave up on you?" Jane asks me as we walk into the cafeteria.

It has been 3 months since I ran off and we have heard nothing of HYDRA. There has been no reports about them. Fury has sent agents around to investigate, each being unsuccessful.

"I think they are making us believe that they have given up on me. So that we put down our guard and they can easily break through our defences and get to me." I put .some chicken and salad on my plate, grabbing a fork before finding a seat.

Jane follows me to an empty table for 4. "How do you know for sure?"

"I worked in HYDRA for most of my life. I know most of their plans. They do it almost all the time." Jane looks to me with sad eyes.

"I wish I could have protected you. That's the job of the older sibling right? Protecting their younger siblings." She shakes her head.

"You couldn't have done anything against them Jane. It wasn't your fault. We were both young, not knowing what to do if those events occurred."

"I just wish I could have done something"

"Let's talk about something on lighter terms." I try to lighten the mood.

"Okay then. So what happened between you and Loki when Thor and I left you?" she raises her eyebrows.

"Nothing much, why do you ask?" I frown.

"Oh, because when we went to find you, Loki was extremely worried. He blamed himself for your disappearance."

"He did?"

"He cares for you. He told me himself. He likes you. I can see it in his eyes every time he sees you."

"It's not true. He doesn't. We are just friends Jane" I roll my eyes at her.

"Say whatever you want, but you can't hide from the truth" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Hide from what truth?" Jane and I jump at the voice who sits next to me.

"Well you see- OW!"

I kick Jane in the leg. "She was just telling me something that was not true at all. What are you doing here Loki?"

"Can I not join my friends for lunch?" He looks to me and I see Jane in the corner of my eye smirking evilly at me.

"Sure you can. Just wondering you know"

"AMBER! JANE! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?" We all cringe under Thor's loud voice.

"Thor, please. Remember? Inside voice." Jane tells him as he sits down next to her.

"Forgive me Jane. I have forgotten" I gag as Thor and Jane kiss. Loki rolls his eyes and Thor laughs when they break apart.

"What have I told you about Thor? Do that when I'm not in your presence please?" Loki scolds him.

"Don't be like that Loki, I bet you do the same!" Thor laughs loudly, Jane reminding him once again.

"What do you mean?" Loki frowns. "With who?"

"With Amber of course!" Jane laughs at this and I glare at her.

"Amber and I are just friends Thor" Loki corrects him. I give Jane a smirk.

"That's not what it looks like to me at times" This time, Jane smirks at me as my face falls slightly.

"Whatever" Loki rolls his eyes.

"Attention Avengers! You are needed right now in the meeting room. All agents are also to go to their stations right away"

We all look at each other after the announcement and quickly head towards the meeting room. Walking through, Fury's eye sets on me.