Chapter #34 ~ Stans

All Stans could feel was pain. So much pain. It burned like a fire through him, destroying everything inside of him. He hurt and that's all there was.

All he had was his sister's face in his head; it was the only thing that kept him fighting.

Stans wasn't sure how many days he had been fighting against the pain and darkness that wanted to consume him. It felt like years. So many years of suffering.

Stans was tired. He just want to sleep; he just wanted to let go. But then his sister's voice would come back to him.

"Stans, don't leave me. Please... don't leave me."

'I won't leave you, Creak.' He thought. 'I love you.'

Wave of pain threatened to push him off the cliff he clung to. 'I love you.' He thought. He was tired, so tired. 'I love you, but I can't hold on much longer.'

Stans hurt and tried to think of other things, anything to distract himself from the pain.

He thought of dying.

Would he see their parents?

Were their parents even dead?

Stans didn't know, but a part of him really want to find out.
What if they were still alive?

If they were still alive then that would mean they had truly left Stans and Creak because they wanted to. If they were alive then that meant they hadn't left to protect them.

'No.' Stans told himself. 'That's just the pain talking. It wants you to let go. You can't let go.'

Stans felt like the arm holding him from falling off of the cliff was going to break. It would break and then he would fall. He would fall and never come back.

'I don't want to fall.' Stans thought as the ground under his hand began to crumble. 'I don't want to die.'