Chapter 3

After Amanda's little escapade, I didn't feel very chatty. I walked back to my cell, followed by a guard, but no restraints were needed. I willingly went where they wanted me too. I got back into my cell and turned just as the guard closed the door. I sat on my floor and laid back putting my feet up on the glass. After a recess for lunch we have to go back and find out what the actual mission is. I let a sigh escape my mouth. I close my eyes, and the tears start rolling out. I've been to strong for to long. All of the thoughts from past six months rushed into my head. Seeing Flag emotionally hurt. Digger not knowing what to do with himself that he's going insane. And Chato missing. That was the worst of it all. When Amanda told me about it there was a pang of guilt in my heart. I feel he would be better dead. I was taken from my thoughts abruptly with a knock on my glass. It was my guard Kein, I knew that because of the few times we had talked to each other.
"Lunch is over." He said smoothly. I wiped my eyes with my hands, slid my legs off the glass, and stood up. I turned around and he opened the door. I stepped out and flashed Kein a small smile.
I walked down the corridor again to the meeting room. Only Flag was in there. He stood when I entered and put his arms out for a hug. I walked to him and embraced him. His hugs were the best part of everyday and I knew he needed them. I never let myself think to much about it. I knew he needed me for emotional support but nothing more. Not at the moment that is. I let go of him at the same time he let go of me. The door opened to reveal Bruce Wayne.
"Mr. Wayne." I said bowing a little. He smiled.
"Jordyn, is it?" He asked with a small nod.
"Yes, but to May call me whatever you like. These guys all do." I said gesturing to Flag and Deadshot and Digger who just entered the room. Bruce laughed smally. "Do you mind if I sit here?" I asked pointing to the seat directly right of him.
"Please do." He said smiling. Flag sat to my right. Soon everyone was there except Amanda. I looked to the ceiling. It was so typical of her. Just as I started to fall asleep in my chair, she strolled into the room. The low whisper of conversations ceased and I lifted my head. All eyes were on her. She cleared her throat uncomfortably. She set her briefcase on the table and opened it. She took out a stack of folders and handed one to each of us.
"Project December." She said giving the last person, whom happened to be the Flash, their folder. I opened up the cover and saw two pictures stairing back at me.
WHAT THE FUCK! I screamed mentally. I looked up seeing everyone's eyes on my face. Only then did I realize that I had said it aloud. I covered my mouth quickly.
"Sorry" I squeaked softly. Barry chuckled as did Deadshot. I looked up at them and Barry winked at me, and I could feel myself blush. Amanda cleared her throat again, and we a turned our attention back to her.
"As I was saying, Project December. It is a search and find mission. I want these two people back to me before February. That is about a month and a half. Your targets are The Joker and Harely Quinn." As she said the names my throat began to sting. It was a burning, itching pain. The pain you feel after you've cried to many tears and screamed to many words. I looked her staight in the eyes and shook my head with disbelief. "The reason I want these people," She continued, ignoring my look. "Is because they are valuble assets and can give us information, regarding other villans."
She looked back at me. My anger turned to shock. There was no way she was talking about Chato. No way in hell. I stood up from my seat and exited behind Amanda. Her eyes followed me and so did Ricks voice.
"Jordyn!" He said fairly loudly. I didnt dare turn around. I continued until I got to my cell and waited for Kein to open it up.
"Thanks!" I said to him half sarcastically, half enthusiastically. no matter how much I hated it here, anywhere was better than back in that meeting room. She hadn't said anything about him in six whole months but now, all of the sudden, she has new information. It all made no sense.
But before the thoughts could take me into a downward spiral, my eyes fell heavy and I was taken into a dreamless sleep.