Chapter 5

"Why?!?!?" I practically yelled. It was three days until Christmas and Amanda just told us we were doing a secret Santa between Taskforce X and the Justice League.
"Because it is important to become acquainted with the people you are going to be working with. Tomorrow Flag will take you all into town to get the gifts. Write your names on the piece of paper in front of you and your wish list on the other. Later when you are all in separate rooms I will walk around and have to each choose a person and give you their wish list. Only I will know who you have." Amanda explained and smiled. Their was some shuffling around the table and pens starting to scratch against paper. I looked at Flag whom was jotting down what he wanted and I couldn't help but smile. He looked so little and fragile. Like a baby kitten.
I shook myself out of my thoughts and scrawled my name on the paper, folded it, and pushed it away from me. I then looked down on the empty paper in front of me. I had never had Christmas, not in any way that counted anyway. I pulled the paper closer and put the pen comfortably in between my fingers. I made an * symbol and wrote T-SHIRTS next to it. I did another and put CHOCOLATE. After that I did five more saying: LEGGINGS, BLANKET, PLUSHIES!, MUSIC, and TEA. I looked up and then back down at the list and felt satisfied. I stood up and walked over to Amanda handing her the list. Then I walked out the door.
"Hey!" I heard someone call from behind me about half way down the corridor back to my cell. I turn around and see Barry standing there.
"Hey!" I said trying to control the blushing my face was trying to do.
"Hey, um, I was, um, wondering if, um um..." his voice trailed off and his face became really red.
"Are you always this articulate?" I said smiling and batting my eyes.
"Tomorrow do you wanna hangout around the mall when Flag takes you guys?" He said quickly and looked down at his toes.
"Of course I will." I said and smiled even wider. "But you know that we're adults right so there is no need to be nervous." I continued teasingly. He smiled and looked back up at me.
"Well I guess I'll see you then." He said and walked away. I started to walk again when I heard a low whistle. I turned around to see Deadshot there.
"May I walk you to your cell." He asked with a little bow.
"Of course you may." I said giggling.
"So, sunshine. You are confusing me with your actions. One second it seems you like Flag but the next it seems you like the Flash. So tell me, what are your thoughts on the situation." He said mildly concerned.
"Um... I... um... I dont know. I'm just so confused. Flag's obviously hurting and I do like him but I feel like he will never like me because June was so special to him. Then there's Barry who is so sweet and awkward and cute. But their both good guys. How do they like me. If they like me. It's so frustrating." My face started feeling red and flustered and my eyes starting to water. "I... I have to go." I stated and ran down the hall to my cell. I entered as soon as Kein had it open and just sat on the floor, confused with my feelings and lost in thought.