Chapter 13

Sleep. That is all I craved. The all night party that followed the gift exchange was unnessacary. Alcohol was involved as well as a late night walk in the freezing cold snow. When I finally got back to my cell it was 3am. I wrapped myself in the red and yellow blanket and fell into a deep sleep.

*DREAM*

I was walking down a corridor of the prison, one hand on the right wall, my eyes straight ahead focused on the light seeping in from outside.
"What the fuck?" I say quietly. When the noise reaches my ears it sounds like it has come from behind a glass wall. I shake my head. I reach the light looking up to see where it is coming from. A small square of light came from way up on the ceiling.
"Ummmm" I said, fairly confused. I looked ahead, nothing in front of me but a brick wall. I looked back to where I had come from, but only to find another wall. All around me was walls, except for the square of light above.
Might as well climb I thought. I put my hand up the wall and felt for hand and foot holds. I feel a few holes in the wall and sigh, relieved. I start to climb, very expertly, up the wall. As I get higher I feel less and less holds almost like this wall is a test. As I got closer to the square of light, it got bigger. When I got to the top of the wall I put my hand up. There, I felt a piece of glass. I tapped it with my finger a few times to be sure. I take my hand and make a fist, pushing it with full force through the glass. As soon as my fist connected the glass shattered immediately. I stuck one of my arms out of the hole grabbing onto the ledge. My other arm came shortly after, then I lifted myself out of the hole seeing an entirely different view then I expected. Instead of the bright blinding light that was coming into the compound, I found a cool breezy night with a sky full of beautiful stars. I looked around and the cold metal top of the prison was gone, replaced by a field full of green grass. When I turned my head to the right Barry sat there.
"Hi beautiful." He said, stairing into my eyes.
"Hi..." I said back hesitantly.
"Don't be scared my love, it's just a dream. Someone of a higher power is bringing you information in the form of me." He said, his voice soft and sweet, sounding like honey.
"Oh, okay." I said, still slightly confused. "What is the information?" I asked.
"Don't blow of your next mission. Find the Joker and Harely Quinn. I know you don't want to capture them but they have information regarding your brother." As soon as he said that my heart dropped. Tears started to swell in my eyes.
"Okay." I said, my mind was made up with those words. I would do this mission and wouldn't question authority.
"Okay." He said, the steadiness in his voice gone. "You can wake now my love."

And I did, I woke up.