twenty two // sleepless nights

Alicia

Once I've changed back into my normal clothes, thankfully not having to wear the awful hospital gown anymore, I'm finally allowed to leave the hospital. One of the nurses reminds me about the stitches in my head and I assure her that I'll be back to have them taken out, although I'm not quite sure how that's going to work because I'm pretty sure Harry wants to get out of here as soon as possible. I decide not to mention this though, accepting the kind nurse's hug while Harry and Liam watch, waiting for me to finally walk out of the door.

As the three of us leave the hospital and head out into the car park, I feel like I have two security guards as Liam and Harry walk alongside me. Liam keeps his distance, which I appreciate, however Harry doesn't seem to care as he's walking as close as he can to me, our arms brushing multiple times. I kind of want to shove him away from me because I'm still mad at him, but I decide not to purely so Liam doesn't have to deal with us having another argument, even if it is tempting.

Apparently Liam called us a cab while we were still in the hospital because that's what I'm being pushed into as soon as we turn a corner, making me glare angrily at Harry as he climbs in to the middle seat, Liam joining us after. I grab the seatbelt with a huff, ignoring Harry's stare and turning my head to buckle it in. I lean against the window afterwards, placing my chin in the palm of my hand as I stare out of it.

My head is still hurting a little, an annoying throbbing pain that won't seem to go away, which is partly why I spend the journey in complete silence, the other reason being that I simply don't want to talk to them, especially Harry. I wouldn't mind having a conversation with Liam, but I know Harry would just interrupt anyway, so I don't really see much point.

I notice the both of them eyeing me wearily as I sit quietly, knowing that they're probably wondering if I'm alright, but I notice that neither of them bother to ask. I'm fed up of them talking about me in secret or as if I'm not even there, but then they completely shut up in my presence, so I guess now they're deciding not to talk at all.

The dreadful car ride is finally over after about 10 more minutes and when I look out of the window, I notice that we're pulling up outside the apartment where Harry and I have been staying. I reach down to the side of me to unbuckle my seatbelt, however Harry stops me.

"You're staying here," he tells me and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm just getting our stuff."

I don't reply, pulling my hands away from the seatbelt and placing them back into my lap. When Harry's climbed out of the car and heading over to the front door, I turn to face Liam. "Are we leaving New York?"

"No, you're coming to the same hotel I've been staying at," Liam tells me.

"Why?"

He shrugs. "I don't know, Harry just thinks it'd be better. But I'm pretty sure you're staying here until you get those stitches out and then you're leaving again."

"Great," I sigh, leaning back against the leather seat.

I continue to sit in silence while Liam converses with the cab driver, talking about the usual, boring things like the weather and the traffic. Harry eventually returns with all of our bags and the driver jumps out of the car to help him load them into the boot, both of them returning shortly after and then we're off again.

The journey to the hotel isn't as long as I thought it'd be as it's on the other side of town and we arrive pretty soon, all three of us grabbing the bags this time and hauling them inside. Liam and I wait in the lobby while Harry books us a room and then we all head into the elevator and up to the right floor, finding that our room is a few doors down from Liam's.