sixty five // where were you

the fray - you found me

Harry

The next morning, Alicia and I sleep in late again. When we eventually manage to pull ourselves out of bed, we climb into the shower together, although we spend the majority of it just kissing underneath the trickle of warm water, but neither of us mind that.

Once we finally dry off and change into some clothes, Alicia decides she wants to actually go down for breakfast, which makes a change as for the past few days she's eaten breakfast in the bedroom. I think the main reason for that is because she's been trying to avoid her dad at all costs, even though I keep reminding her that she's going to have to talk to him eventually. I've tried to get her to talk to me countless times about how she feels in regards to her dad and why she's so intent on shutting him out, but she refuses to open up on that subject.

Our hands are clasped together as we walk through the house towards the kitchen, which causes us to receive a few strange looks from the other guys that work for Richard. I guess I can't blame them though. It must be quite weird to see me, someone who used to work for one of the main mafia leaders, holding hands with the daughter of his worst enemy. Even still, it is very irritating.

"Do you have something to say?" I suddenly snap, my gaze directed at one of Richard's men who is stood with his eyebrows furrowed as he watches us.

Once he realises that I'm talking to him, he takes his eyes away from our hands and brings them up to our faces. "No," he says quickly. "Sorry."

"Hmm. That's what I thought."

Alicia just rolls her eyes, not seeming bothered about it. She tugs harder on my hand instead, pulling me down the hallway. I glance over my shoulder to see if that guy is still staring, which he is, so I shoot him a deathly glare and he soon scurries off, which leaves me pretty satisfied.

"Someone's in a bad mood today," Alicia says, bringing my attention back to her.

"I'm not," I reply and she raises her eyebrows as if she doesn't believe me. "I just don't like everybody fucking staring."

"Can you blame them?" she asks me, slightly swinging our clasped hands. "It is quite an odd sight."

"With your bed hair it is."

"Hey!" she whines, whacking me in the chest with her other hand but I just laugh at her.

"I'm just joking, babe," I say, causing her to shake her head at me. "It's not that frizzy."

She playfully nudges me again, scolding me for teasing her. We walk into the kitchen laughing and messing about, although Alicia almost crashes straight into Liam, but I manage to stop her by placing my hands on her waist, pulling her back against me.

"Oh, sorry about that," she says to Liam with a small giggle. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

Liam just raises his eyebrows at us. "Well, you two seem bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning," he says with a smirk.

"Fuck off Liam," I reply bluntly, making Alicia laugh but he just raises his eyebrows.

I lead Alicia over to the table, pulling out a chair for her and she smiles gratefully, sitting down. Once we're all sat at the table, we help ourselves to the collection of food spread out across it. The three of us chat and joke as we eat, the atmosphere in the kitchen seeming a whole world away from what it's been like around the house the past couple of days.

"You guys seem to be having fun," a voice suddenly says and we all glance over to the doorway to find Richard strolling though.

None of us reply, but I notice Alicia turns away, keeping her eyes on her bowl. She doesn't even look up when he approaches the table, just continuing to eat spoonfuls of her cereal without paying him any attention, acting like he's not even there.