sixty two // safe inside

james arthur - safe inside

idk why I named the chapter this tbh I just love the song

Alicia

After we finish eating dinner, I'm pretty exhausted both from everything that's happened in the past few hours and also the conversation we just had, which was mentally draining to say the least. Harry is pretty tired too, so we both say goodnight to my dad and then head to bed.

Once we're in the bedroom and getting changed, Harry hands me one of his shirts to wear to bed like he has done many times before, but for some reason, I almost tear up at this. I think it's mostly because I'm still so overwhelmed by the fact that I'm actually back with him, when I truly thought that I would never see him again. I try to explain this to him in between sniffles but he just rolls his eyes and pulls me into his chest, kissing the top of my head.

"I can't believe my dad is actually letting you sleep in here with me," I say as we both roll down the duvet cover. "I wonder if tomorrow he'll ask if we slept together again."

Harry raises his eyebrows at me, shooting me a disapproving look but this just makes me laugh at him.

"What? You have to admit, it's a little funny."

"Maybe now, but it definitely wasn't when he said it," Harry says with a sigh, climbing into the bed beside me. "I literally didn't know what to say."

"Harry left speechless?" I say with a fake gasp and he playfully nudges me with his elbow, making me giggle. "Don't worry, I distracted him by almost choking to death."

"My saviour," he mutters sarcastically as he pulls the covers up over us, both of us

"What's up with you?" I ask him. "Since when do you get shy talking about that type of stuff?"

"I'm not shy," he retorts as if he's disgusted with the word. "I just don't really want to discuss that with your dad."

"Wow, I'm shocked that you seem to care about someone's else's approval."

"It's your dad," he says again, emphasising it even more. "His blessing is important to me."

"His blessing?" I repeat in amusement, letting out a soft laugh. "We're not getting married, Harry."

"Well, not yet."

His lips arch into a smirk and he reaches out to wrap his arm around my shoulders, but I back away from him in surprise, my mouth dropping open slightly. He stares back at me, letting out a small chuckle at my expression.

"What's that look for?" he asks as he pulls the covers up over our bodies.

"I just...." I pause, his last words leaving me a bit speechless. "I didn't think you'd be the type to believe in marriage."

"I never did before, but......" he trails off, gazing down at me fondly while his lips arch into a gentle smile. "Maybe you've changed my mind."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise, my heart fluttering in my chest. "I have?"

"You've made me believe in so many things," he tells me sincerely and my smile widens even more, my jaw practically aching from smiling so much.

"Like what?"

"I'm not telling. I don't want to boost your ego."

I roll my eyes. "Oh come on," I say but he just presses his lips together, making it clear he's not spilling. "You're such a child."

"Says you," Harry scoffs and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"I am not childish."