seventy five // going rogue

Zayn

"She's not in there. She's gone."

As soon as the words leave my lips, Harry's face immediately falls. I catch the look of fear and confusion flashing in his eyes, although it's gone just as quickly as it appeared. Time seems to freeze for a moment, Liam slowly raising from his seat with furrowed eyebrows while my gaze remains on Harry, practically able to see his thoughts and inner workings of his mind as he registers what I said.

"No," he eventually says, shaking his head. "That's not possible."

"It is. She isn't-"

Before I can even get the words out, Harry is pushing past me with such speed that he almost knocks me over, racing into the bedroom. Liam and I exchange a worried look before we both turn around and follow after him, not even having to utter a word to each other.

As we walk into the bedroom, we find Harry pacing around, looking more confused than I've ever seen him look before. His eyes seem to be darting everywhere at once, as if he's looking for some kind of evidence or clue for what happened or where Alicia is.

He eventually spins around to face us, his green eyes blazing with an emotion I've never quite seen from him before. Fear. Genuine fear.

"She's been taken," he says, his voice sounding breathless and frantic.

"I don't think that's possible," Liam says, taking a step in front of me. "I mean, we would've heard it. We were literally five feet away."

"Who fucking knows what those bastards after her are capable of?" he asks, beginning to pace up and down again.

"They may be good, but not good enough to kidnap someone without making any noise whatsoever," Liam points out. "Especially not when three trained and experienced mafia men are sat right outside."

"Well, what other explanation do you have, huh Liam?" Harry suddenly snaps, narrowing his eyes. "Come on, you're supposed to be this great detective, solving all the problems. What do you think happened?!"

"I think she left. On her own," Liam says, but Harry just lets out a laugh and shakes his head like that's not even a valid explanation.

"No," he says again. "She wouldn't do that."

"How do you know?" I ask curiously. "Think about it. She's been through a lot, she's lost everything. How do you know she wouldn't just leave?"

"Because I know her, that's why," Harry says, although the look on his face makes it seems like perhaps he doesn't believe that as much anymore. "I-I know her, alright?"

"Ok, but maybe she-"

"No, there's no buts," Harry snaps, cutting Liam off again. "I know her better than anyone else. Better than you two."

I narrow my eyes at Harry, feeling myself becoming annoyed at him. I know he's probably just confused and worried, but he doesn't need to act like it's our fault that Alicia seems to have disappeared into thin air. We're just as confused as he is.

"Well, if you know her so well, then why don't you try figure out what's happened?" I ask, my voice coming out snappier than intended, causing Harry to glare at me.

"Zayn, I don't think that's helping," Liam says with a sigh, although Harry suddenly seems to be distracted by something else.

He turns around and bends down beside his bags set down on the floor, beginning to rummage through them. Both Liam and I watch as he quickly rifles through the collection of clothes, a crease appearing in between his eyebrows as he carelessly throws items of clothing behind him.