chapter one- highest mark (edited)

Heartbreak high- chapter one

Authors note; I have re written this first chapter and added stuff in so tell me if I should continue with the other chapters because I need to know if you like this one better or not. oh and by the way I would love it if you would read, comment, vote and share this story so I can continue as I will be inspired and motivated to write this more often. however, because my mum doesn't have any Wi-Fi it's hard for me to update regularly so you will have to be patient with me, sorry.

-Caitlyn

~Jade's P.O.V

My eyes slowly opened as the morning sun was hitting them as it shined through my open widow. I groaned as I got out of bed as I had to go to school today, I like it don't get me wrong but I never look forward to Perrie and her gang I thought as I stood in front of my mirror. "Gosh I need a shower" I spoke out loud to myself as I grabbed my towel and walked into the shower that was connected to my room. Closing the door behind me I stripped down and hopped in the warm shower letting the water run down my back. I washed my body with my favourite body wash that smelled like apples and I then went on to wash my hair with the vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner. After a good five minutes I finally hopped out of the shower so I could dry off and get ready for school. So I then dried off as I looked in my cupboard for something nice to wear. And after rummaging through my closet I chose to put on my black shirt with a bow on it and paired it with a pair of overalls that were my favourite. I then also decided to not wear my contacts and just go with my glasses. I also blow dried my hair and straightened it, letting it flow down my back. "Hey Jade, breakfast is ready" I heard my mum say from my door with a smile on her face. "You look great, Jade" she said as she left to go back down stairs. Finally I decided to go down stairs and have some breakfast as my stomach started growling with hunger.

As I walked down the stairs I could smell the fresh smell of pancakes and maple syrup. "Wow, it looks nice mum" I complimented as she gave me a kiss on the forehead before walking past me to go to the bathroom. I then ate in complete silence as I thought about what was in store for today. After eating the delicious pancakes I poured myself a glass of orange juice, drinking it slowly otherwise it makes me feel sick. Mum walked back into the kitchen and grabbed my dishes just as I was about to. "It's okay, I got it you go and get ready" she told me as I then thanked her for the meal and ran upstairs to my room so I could get my bag packed. I was now currently in my room with all my stuff ready to go to school, but Perrie is what I am so not looking forward too I thought as I groaned and headed down stairs. "Mum I'll see you after school" I said to her as I rushed out the door to go to the bus stop that was just a few houses down form ours.

When I got there I saw Louis, who looked at me with disgust and moved far away from me as if I was some infectious disease. Just then pulling me out of my thoughts was the bus that had finally come to pick us up. I was about to go first but of course Louis, being well Louis had to push in front of me. I rolled my eyes but got on and quickly found an empty seat up the front. The bus ride in all honesty was bad as Louis and the other jocks at the back kept throwing paper at me and they also put a kick me sign on my back, which I ripped it up and put it in the bin. And it didn't stop at school because they just kept on either kicking me or throwing stuff at me. So I decided to just run to the toilets where I was met by the queen herself Perrie. "EW! didn't anyone tell you to wear proper clothes" she insulted me as she laughed at me and started to mock my outfit and hair and glasses and well everything else. "Nawh is little Jadie going to cry" she said as she called me pathetic and pushed past me but not before saying that I was nothing. I wasn't going to cry or anything I just cower down as she scares me and I don't want her to beat me up again or push me around. So I just decided to hide in the toilets until the bell rang for class to start. Once it went off I waited a few minutes till it went silent due to everyone being inside the class room. Then I walked out of the toilet and hurried along to my first class, English.

The hallways were long and I started to worry and stress out about being late for class as I never am. So as soon as I reached the classroom and stepped inside with my stuff I was shocked when the teacher said that I had to go see the principal in her office straight away. Well I wasn't totally shocked as I knew that I had it coming for me but Perrie and her gang all laughed and ooohhed at me. Once I had reached the office I was immediately met by the principal who was smiling widely and told me to come in to her office. "I have good news for you Jade" she said as she sat down and signalled for me to sit down. "so I just wanted to congratulate you as you got the highest mark on your recent sent away test for chemistry and even a few of the top universities were impressed and wanted you give you a scholarship" she told me to which my mouth fell to the floor. "And I was thinking with your permission could we please announce it on parade, next time" she asked and I just nodded subconsciously, suddenly regretting my decision afterwards. "So I can go back to class now, right?" I asked as she nodded. I left the office quickly and went back to class and sat in the empty seat up the front but that didn't stop the others from being mean. So to say I was glad when the bell rang to go to my next class would be an understatement.

As soon as it went off I was the first one to rise packing up my things and heading out as the teacher dismissed the lesson. The hallways were flooded with a sea of students and many just pushed past me causing me to drop a lot of my things, so I was stuck trying to pick them up. After a good five minutes of me walking through the crowd I finally arrived at my next class, science that just seemed to drone on and on. So by the time the bell rang I was both happy and anxious. When we were dismissed I made sure to be the last one out of the class room and slowly walked out into the hallway that was only filled with a few people and teachers as they left their class rooms. Deciding on where to go for lunch I finally choose to just sit in the library. And that way I knew that Perrie would never come in there. So I headed in that direction and luckily there was no one in there who would bully me. So I just found a seat up the back where I just did some drawings. Just when I was half way through drawing some random piece of work I heard someone saying that it was good. So I looked up to be met by the one and only Zayn Malik, gosh he is so cute.

"Oh um thanks" I said in a barely audible voice and then Perrie came out from somewhere and laughed saying he was being sarcastic. I then had my head down and just sat there as they laughed. Suddenly I gathered up some courage I had in me and grabbed my stuff walking out of there as quick as I could, making sure that they didn't see where I went next. And so I spent that lunch just like any other eating in the empty stall in the girl's bathroom. And so the day went on so slow until it was home time which is always so good. Everyone was rushing out of their classes and pushing everyone over, it was chaos. So there I stood in the middle of crowds sticking out like a sore thumb, living in a world with no friends. But that didn't matter, I thought as the bus pulled up and I hopped in sitting in the front. I just daydreamed about what everyone will say now if they find out about the whole University scholarship thing. My thoughts were bad and I was quick to snap out after I noticed we were at my stop. I got up and grabbed my stuff and then headed off the bus, making my way back to my house.