Chapter 1.

A/N: Here you go, another fic. More angst but still fluffy. As usual, sorry for every mistake, I don't know anything American at all as I'm British!! Mainly Beca's perspective in the beginning with snippets of Chloe! Hope you enjoy the story...

"That's a load of crap Stace," Jesse rolled his eyes at the brunette girl.
"No I'm not joking Jesse! Stanton like had a heart attack or something over the weekend and he's not coming back," Stacie protested.
The pair were sat outside Barden High, the school they attended and had gotten into a slight argument. It was a Monday morning of December and Stacie Conrad had heard a bit of gossip saying their English teacher, Mr Stanton, had had a heart attack and wasn't coming back to Barden for obvious reasons. Jesse failed to believe it, never one to give in to the gossip reel at the high school.
"Beca will believe me," Stacie huffed as she swung her legs beneath the bench.
"Speaking of.. Hey, Becaww," Jesse called out through his hands to the short brunette. She had her earphones hanging around her neck as usual and had probably just been dropped off, she rolled her eyes at Jesse but sauntered over to the pair anyway. They had been best friends throughout Barden and were very close to leaving the school, only having to endure another year before graduation.

"A question for you Becs," Jesse smirked.
"Stanton? Yep, heart attack or some shit," Beca nodded, winking at Stacie.
"See I told you Jess,"
"Yeah whatever, how can you be sure?" He questioned Beca.
"Well, seeing as my mom's so tight with the whole blooming school apparently, she knows stuff," Beca smirked.
"Fair enough," Jesse shrugged.
"Hey at least we'll get a new teacher," Stacie grinned, "I bet you he's a hottie."

Stacie was kind of known for sleeping around with the boys from Barden a lot, and had probably had sex with at least half the football and soccer teams. Whereas Jesse, well he wasn't really known around Barden but was a movie geek and could find a quote for every situation from his 'favourite movie'. Beca Mitchell was mostly known for her badass behaviour in Barden, most lessons she was fine, she'd do the work and chat and rarely get told off. But when it came to math, it was Mitchell VS Posen in battle, and Posen mostly won. So most Tuesday's and Thursday's Beca found herself slouched in detention, but she couldn't care less, at least she could work on her music. Beca loved music to say the least, her laptop was full of mixes she'd made and whenever there was a guitar or piano in sight, she just had to play something. Together, the group worked quite well, they hung out and got into trouble together but helped eachother through the school years.

"What's first?" Beca mumbled as the three approached their lockers.
"That'll be math Mitchell, and don't you be late, again!" The group spun round to see Miss Posen strutting down the corridor toward them, her blonde hair pinned neatly up and heels clattering against the floor. Beca curled her mouth into a fake smile and grinned at the woman,
"Me, late? Whenever have I done that Miss Posen?" She asked sweetly as she grabbed her books from her locker and stormed off in the opposite direction.
"I'm watching you!" Posen called after her but the brunette simply ignored her, as she rounded the corner she slowed down and waited for Stacie and Jesse.
"Great," she mumbled as she hit her head against the wall lightly.
"Look on the bright side, we've got English last, we might meet our new teacher! If he's hot, he's mine," Stacie grinned.
"I wouldn't go for him anyway, you know that," Beca rolled her eyes again and trudged in the direction of math.

Beca pushed open the door of the classroom and beelined to the back, picking a seat right in the corner with a space for Jesse and Stacie either side of her, 'I guess there's pluses for being early' she thought. She leaned back in her chair and hummed to herself as other students filed in and took their places, she watched Jesse and Stacie talking to a girl who they brought with her to the back of the class.
"Beca, this is Amy, Amy this is Beca," Stacie introduced the two.
"Hey shortstack, I've just transferred here from my old town in Australia, pleasure to meet you. Although I usually call myself Fat Amy," Amy spoke with a wide smile as she took a seat in front of Beca and stuck out her hand.
"Fat Amy? Alright, if you say so," Beca shrugged as she took her hand and shook it formally.
Just then, the door swung open and Miss Posen walked in, the whole class fell into a silence as she took her seat by her desk.
"That's Posen as you know, has it out for me, skanky bitc-" Beca leaned forward in her seat and spoke to Amy.
"Miss Mitchell, I'd like to begin my class if that's alright with you," Miss Posen barked from the front as she stared at Beca who raised her hands in surrender.
"See," Beca whispered with a laugh.
It was halfway through class and Beca had been aimlessly scrawling down her work with little care, she leant back in her seat and looked at her class, there were a few new people, probably moved from other classes. Her eyes flicked to Posen to see her grinning and looking under the table. She raised her hand with a smirk.
"Yes Beca," the teacher smiled forcefully.
"Can I go on my phone?" Beca asked with a smile.
"No Beca you know that, get back to your work,"
"But miss, you're on your phone, I don't see how that's fair to be honest," Beca shrugged, the whole class was now watching the exchange between teacher and pupil, knowing they usually argue.
"I'm a teacher, I'm allowed," Posen huffed.
"But as far as I know, teachers are meant to set an example to the students, not to be mean miss but you're not doing too good," Beca grimaced with a glint of mischief in her eyes.
"I shall not be spoken to like that Beca," Posen was starting to become angry and had risen from her chair and was staring hard at Beca.
"I was just stating a point," Beca mock surrendered with a smirk.
"Well I've had enough, and you can wipe that smirk off your face or you'll be in detention tomorrow," Posen pointed at Beca and shot daggers at her.
"What a way to start the day, huh," Beca smirked as she sat back in her chair and turned her head to Stacie, offering her a high five. When their hands met and made a clap, Miss Posen spun round and faced Beca again.
"Mitchell, detention," she barked as she sat back in her chair. Beca groaned but returned to her work once again.

It was the end of the day and Beca and Stacie strolled into their final class, English. Stacie was practically bouncing on her toes as she walked, excited about the possibility of a hot teacher. Beca rolled her eyes and dragged Stacie to two free desks in the middle of the room. The door swung open once again, yet Stacie and Beca were too engaged in conversation with the pair behind them to notice. They were so distracted that they didn't notice their new teacher calling names.
"Beca Mitchell," the teacher called but there was no reply.
"It's not bullshit, I've been telling Jesse that all d-" Beca was interrupted.
"Beca Mitchell," a voice stated dryly.
"That's me," Beca spun round in her chair but was stopped short, in front of her stood a redhead with the brightest blue eyes that just popped. As the redhead  pushed her reading glasses onto her head, Beca placed her palms the edge of her desk and smirked up at the woman, eager to meet her intense stare.
"And you are?" Beca asked once she'd regained her voice.
"Miss Beale, your new English teacher," Miss Beale stated.
"If you say so," Beca smirked.
"Oh I do," Miss Beale spun round and walked back to her desk, continuing to call names.
"Pick your chin up off the floor, you'll catch some flies," Stacie grinned as she placed two fingers on the bottom of Beca's jaw, "It's not a hot man but I can't really complain as she's not too bad on the eyes, unlucky for her I'm not that way inclined," Stacie smirked as she sat back, eager to enjoy her friends reactions during the class.
"Really Stacie!" Beca cringed slightly, yet not tearing her eyes away from her teacher as she raked her eyes up and down the figure of her.
"You might say that but I'm pretty sure that's drool in the corner of your mouth," Stacie chuckled.
"You're an asshole Conrad," Beca huffed as she finally drew her eyes away from Miss Beale and glared at Stacie.

Miss Beale clapped her hands to gather the attention of the class and her eyes flicked around the class before lingering slightly on Beca before she began to speak,
"For then next 2 months we shall be studying a Shakespeare classic, Macbeth," Miss Beale smiled as she began. Beca dropped her head to the table and groaned, she hated Shakespeare, why was all his work to hard to understand, and why couldn't he speak so that people could actually understand..!