Chapter 12.

"Beca, what's wrong sweetie," Beca's mom sighed as she took a seat on the brunettes bed.
"I told you mom I'm fine, totally fine," Beca smiled lightly.
"Stop lying to me Bec, it's been a week since you started slugging around, dragging yourself to your bedroom after school, losing yourself in your mixes and you laptop. Hell I haven't heard you play that bloody guitar in ages," The older woman sighed.
"I've just, I've got a lot on at school and it's overwhelming me," Beca explained, a part lie. It was true, there was a lot going on a school for Beca, but really there was only one thing. Chloe.
She'd had to call off tutoring for the first week after their 'conversation' as the brunette didn't want to be alone with the woman at the time. In class it had been alright, they shared small talk when needed and were polite to eachother. The pull was still present, whether or not Chloe felt it still, Beca was unsure. Overall, Stacie and Jesse had done a pretty good job over the week of distracting her, they went to the movies, bowling, whatever.. but Beca still felt the tug at her heart when she thought about or saw Chloe. Beca was sure she'd move on soon, she didn't catch feelings, and when she did she buried them, deep. That was what she was currently doing, burying her feelings for her redhead teacher until she totally forgot about everything that had happened, that could have happened.
"Whatever you say sweetie, just remember I'll always be right downstairs, y'know, where civilisation is," she joked.
"Funny," Beca rolled her eyes with a smirk.
"Love ya B," Beca's mom stood and ruffled her hair slightly as she left the room.
"Ditto,"
"Ditto? Since when did you become an English whizz?" Beca's mom's laugh could be heard from the stairs.
"Since I met Chloe," Beca mumbled to herself as her door clicked shut.

Beca lay on her bed, pen in mouth as she worked over her Philosophy, her mixes were playing lightly in the background. Suddenly she heard her phone ring and she swiped at it, seeing Stacie's name pop up.
"Stace?"
"Correct."
"What's up?"
"I kinda don't get the Chem work, can I come over and you can talk me through it?"
"Sure thing, I haven't done it either,"
"Cool, thanks,"
And with that Stacie hung up. Beca screwed her face up in confusion for a second before she heard the doorbell ring. She rolled her eyes slightly as she pulled herself off her bed and to her front door.
"I should've guessed," Beca chuckled as Stacie stood with a grin on her face, "come on up." Beca jogged up to her room and again crashed on her bed, bringing out her Chem book and sitting cross-legged, making room for Stacie to do so also.
"How are you?" She almost grimaced. Beca shot her a quick look and sighed,
"On top of the world Stacie,"
"You know what I mean,"
"I'm okay," Beca smiled lightly, "let's do this," she opened her book and Stacie mirrored her, the pair soon got to work.

- - - - -
"Chloe, oh my gosh this is unexpected," Chloe was engulfed in a hug to which she returned gratefully.
"Ashley, I probably should have called but this was kind of spur of the moment," Chloe grinned.
"Oh it's fine, you know you're welcome any time, come on in, Justin's out," Ashley smiled as she stood aside from the door of her house. Chloe and Ashley had met in high school and become fast friends, keeping in touch over the years. Ashley lead the pair into her kitchen and Chloe sat at a table in the corner.
"Coffee?"
"Love some thanks," Chloe smiled briefly and Ashley flicked her kettle.
"So is there a purpose to this impromptu visit?"
"Actually... yes there is," Chloe sighed.
"Oh," Ashley's brown eyes softened and she brushed her raven hair out of her face as she poured two cups of coffee.
"I think you might be the only person I can tell and trust this with," Chloe started.
"Not even Bree?"
"Especially not Bree," Chloe shook her head, "god knows what she'd say..."
"Chlo, what's happened?" Ashley asked as she grasped her coffee cup with both hands.
"You have to promise me you'll wait until I've finished and no judgement," Chloe warned. Ashley simply nodded and the redhead took a breath before relaying her past weeks at school with Beca, trusting Ashley with every detail.

It was about a half hour later when Chloe had finished talking and Ashley sat there, shell-shocked, still absorbing all the redhead had told her. Chloe sat quietly, waiting for Ashley to speak.
"Ash?" She urged.
"Not gonna lie Chlo you are screwed," she laughed lightly.
"Thanks, that's really what I came to hear," Chloe rolled her eyes.
"No, no. C'mon I don't mean it. But it sounds like you're pretty hooked on this Beca girl, and it's definite that she's hooked on you too," Ashley shrugged, "I mean it's totally dangerous I mean you could lose your job and never go back to teaching again, you could go to bloody prison!"
"I know, I know,"
"Answer me this... If she wasn't your student, and if you'd met in say, a bar or at a coffee shop, would the age difference bother you? I mean you're only 22 it's only 5 years," Ashley questioned. Chloe thought for a moment before simply shaking her head,
"No the age gap doesn't bother me at all,"
"Then if there's only one thing standing in the way... work around it," Ashley suggested.
"What!" Chloe exclaimed, "seriously?"
"Yes Chloe, seriously. You came for my advice, there it is, you gushed about the girl for 30 minutes just now and if she's like you describe, heck I'd date her. Think about it, all you'd have to do is be careful," she shrugged once again with a grin, "nothing at school, secret meet ups, come on Chloe you have to admit it would be fun," Chloe lay her head in her hands with a soft chuckle.
"Of course it would be fun, but what if it all goes wrong, if someone sees us," Chloe sighed.
"You can't always think of the 'what if's' Chlo, besides, you say she's 17, she'll be graduating soon and then it won't be against the law or whatever. All you have to do is be careful for one year," Ashley smirked.
"I know Ash, but I'm still not sure, is she worth the risk?" Chloe sighed, "I've never, y'know been with a girl before, and is it too soon after Tom?"
"Tom's a jerk, the sooner you move on from him the better in my eyes. You may had not been with a girl but that doesn't mean you have no experience, we both know it," Ashley winked, "and as for if she's worth the risk, that's something you've got to decide for yourself, but she's a teen, she won't stay hooked forever Chlo and you know it." Ashley gave Chloe's hand a squeeze with a smile.
"You're right. Thanks for that, I really needed someone I could talk this through with that wouldn't judge me,"
"Yeah, Bree'd shit herself if she found out," Ashley laughed.
"Totes." Chloe chuckled, "I best be off, I'm sure Justin will be back soon and I have some thinking to do," she smiled.
"Alright Chloe, stay in touch yeah, and don't beat yourself up, if it's meant to be it'll be," Ashley wrapped Chloe in another hug before the redhead left the house, climbing into her car and waving at Justin as he pulled up on the drive.

She sighed lightly as she tried to clear her head of Beca for the moment being, waiting for the day to pass so she could at least see the brunette.