Chapter 35.

A/N:
I don't even have a posting schedule any more tbh... sorry guys!! So close to the end, only one more chap!

December 17th...

"Do you not like flying or something?" Chloe chuckled as she lay her hand on Beca's thigh to stop it from bouncing.
"Oh it's not so much the flight I'm nervous about Chloe it's what's waiting for me at the end of it," Beca rolled her eye. Chloe laughed lightly as she squeezed Beca's thigh.
"We'll go with the flow," Chloe shrugged.
"Go with the flow!" Beca turned to her girlfriend, "what happens when he asks how old I am and where I work... and I have to tell him that I'm not doing much at the moment and I only graduated this year. And then he'll ask where from, and I can't say Barden because he won't be dumb! Chlo what're we gonna do," Beca sighed defeatedly as she lay her head in her hands.
"Beca, relax," Chloe smiled as he lay her hand on Beca's back, "You have a job, he won't need to ask where you graduated from,"
"It's hardly a job Chloe," Beca chuckled.
"You do something and get paid, sounds like a job to me," Chloe laughed. Over the past month Beca had been working for someone called Luke. But what Beca thought would be the opportunity to get her music out to world, turned out in her stacking CD's all day and handing Luke multiple USB's with her music on, to watch him simply toss it on the side and return to his work. She didn't particularly like it, but Beca hoped that this would simply be a foot on the ladder and that she would get her music out there eventually if she persisted.
"And anyway, we have a backup plan," Chloe nodded confidently, "it'll be fine Beca honestly, my family will love you so much that they won't even care," Chloe chuckled.
"I hope for our sake that you're right Beale," Beca puffed, sitting back in her chair as the plane came onto the runway.
"Oh I'm sure,"
"What time do we land?" Beca asked.
"Around 9pm, my brother's gonna pick us up from the airport, he's really excited to meet you," Chloe squeezed Beca's thigh with a smile as she rolled her eyes.
"Great," Beca sighed, "I might take a nap," she shrugged as she lay her head on Chloe's shoulder and shut her eyes.
"You'll be fine Becs," Chloe whispered as she kissed the top of Beca's head and felt the engines of the plane suddenly kick into gear as they accelerated down the runway.

- - - - -
Beca's suitcase rattled against the floor of the airport in New York as she and Chloe walked hand in hand, trying to find Chloe's brother. Beca wasn't so much dreading meeting him, it was the redheads parents that she was concerned about.
"Sam!" Chloe called with a grin as she squeezed Beca's hand before letting go and rushing a few steps to give him a hug.
"Chlo, it's great to see you again," he grinned, "who'd you bring?" He smirked as he glanced over the redheads shoulder and took in Beca, stood awkwardly with both girls cases.
"Beca get over here you weirdo," Chloe chuckled as she extended her hand towards the brunette, who shuffled forward and took her hand, standing beside the woman and slipping a hand around her waist.
"Sam this is my girlfriend Beca, and this is Sam," she introduced the two and Beca gave a nod of acknowledgement as he smiled. He had light brown hair that was fairly shaggy on top of his head, yet it made his eyes stand out even more, they weren't quite as blue as Chloe's but they were still blue. He wore a shirt with a pair of jeans and his smile was as white and perfect as Chloe's.
"Nice to finally meet you Beca, Chloe gushes about you over the phone a lot," Sam chuckled.
"Nice to meet you too, your sister's pretty special to me," she pulled Chloe closer as she spoke with a genuine smile. Sam simply smiled as he offered his hand,
"Here, let me take something and we'll get you to the car, it shouldn't take long to get to Mom and Dad's," he said as he took Chloe's case off of Beca and led them out of the airport and towards his car.

It was just past 10pm by the time they had reached Chloe's parents home and Beca had eagerly been looking out of the window at the sights on the way there as Sam explained about the places they were driving through. When she got out of the car, she stared at the Beale's house, it was just outside central New York and was three story high. Chloe rolled past her with her case and grinned,
"Lovely isn't it," she laughed.
"Yeah," Beca murmured as she followed Chloe and Sam up to the door before Sam knocked once and walked in. Beca put on a smile as she took a deep breath, trying to settle the nerves that had suddenly arisen in her stomach the moment she stepped out of the car.
"In here Sam," a male voice called, obviously Chloe's father.
"I'll show them their room," he called back, turning to face the pair and led them upstairs.
"I'll give you the grand tour later Beca, let's dump the cases in our room," Chloe said as she started up the stairs, her case in tow. Beca simply followed her up and to a door along the hallway, Sam pushed the door open and stepped aside for the pair to step through. Chloe sighed as she turned on the light and collapsed onto the bed.
"My old room," she stated as she closed her eyes.
"It's nice," Beca smiled, it was fairly similar to Chloe's room in her apartment, yet more bare. There was only a dresser, wardrobe and bed but littered around were a few pictures or books. She dragged her case to a corner and left it there before joining Chloe on the bed.
"I'll let you two settle, come down whenever you're ready Chlo," Sam smiled.
"In a bit," Chloe smiled sleepily, Sam chuckled as he left, closing the door slightly behind him.
"Babe we can't sleep now," Beca laughed.
"Sleepy," Chloe mumbled with a smile.
"You're menopausal I swear," Beca smirked, immediately feeling Chloe's hand swiping to hit her leg. She kicked her legs up and stood, offering her hand to Beca to pull her up.
"Whatever. Let's go down?" She asked.
"Now or never," Beca joked, Chloe pulling her into her and placing a kiss on her lips before pulling her out of the room and down the stairs.

Chloe led Beca through to the family room, where she could hear Sam talking to her parents. Chloe squeezed Beca's hand with a smile before she slipped through the door,
"Chlo-bear," Chloe's father grinned as he stood and enveloped her in a hug. Beca realised that he looked almost the same as he did in the picture in Chloe's apartment, brown hair and brown eyes with a sparkling grin that reached his eyes. She stood back hesitantly as she watched Chloe greet her parents, understanding that she hadn't seen them in a long time. She smiled as she watched the encounter, happy that she had decided to go with Chloe and finally meet her parents.
"And who do we have here?" Her father smirked.
"I don't know, I found her outside," Chloe whispered jokingly to her father.
"Chloe!" the redhead's mom chuckled, "you must be Beca, nice to meet you sweetie," she smiled, extending her arms and giving the brunette a hug.
"Likewise, thanks for having me, you have a beautiful home," Beca smiled warmly as she pulled away. She smiled up at Chloe as she felt the redhead's arm around her waist.

- - - - -
Beca woke up the next morning with Chloe tucked neatly under her chin, her head rested on Beca's chest. She smiled as she stroked a hand through Chloe's hair, the previous night had been better than she thought. She had stayed up with the Beale family for an hour or so before heading to bed, Chloe's parents had questioned her a little on what she was doing at the moment but never asked from where she graduated and Beca was very thankful for that. She enjoyed the company of Chloe's family, and they had shared jokes and pleasant conversation for the whole time and Beca had felt strangely at home with Chloe's parents. As Chloe began to stir, Beca slipped out from the bed and laughed lightly as she saw Chloe's flailing hand reaching for her.
"I'll make breakfast babe, pancakes?" Beca asked.
"Mmhm, mom'll help you," she mumbled and Beca placed a kiss on her head before heading downstairs.

She heard that someone was up and wasn't surprised to see that Chloe's mom was in fact up.
"Morning Beca, sleep well?" she asked.
"Yeah thanks," Beca smiled, "I was hoping to make breakfast for everyone? I know Chloe loves pancakes so how would that be?"
"Oh that would be lovely, thanks, I'll help you out," she smiled gratefully as she stood and got the ingredients needed from various cupboards.
"You know," the older woman began, "I'm really glad that Chloe's with you, you seem very mature for your age and she talks non-stop about how amazing and talented you are. You make my daughter really happy Beca," she smiled widely.
"Thanks, she makes me really happy too, beyond words," Beca smiled softly, she wasn't normally used to receiving so much praise, but she found it reassuring to hear from Chloe's parents.
"Oh is my girlfriend sprouting off emotional bullshit again, what've you done to her mom," Chloe smirked from the doorway.
"Anything for you babe," Beca smiled as Chloe came to rest her head over her shoulder.
"Smells good,"
"I know," Beca smirked.
"Cocky," Chloe chuckled.
"You chose to date me," Beca grinned.
"Best decision ever," Chloe smiled as she spun the brunette around to place a quick kiss on her lips before making a coffee for herself and Beca.

Beca and Chloe spent most of the day out in New York exploring the major tourists spots with the Beale family, Sam showing them the hospital he worked at when they passed it and Chloe's dad choosing an Italian place to have lunch at. Beca felt more relaxed as the day went on and seeing as neither of Chloe's parents had even questioned where they met, the pair had no worries and instead focused their attention on enjoying their time together in a new city.