Chapter 10.

Beca walked to her Chem class with her books tucked neatly under her chin as she weaved in and out of the crowds.
"Beca, wait up!" Beca huffed as she slowed down and swung her head over her shoulder to glare at Stacie.
"Sorry did I interrupt your flow?" Stacie teased. Beca just ignored her as they carried on to their class.
"What's up?" Stacie pressed.
"Nothing Stace let's just get to class,"
"Is this abou-"
"It's that asshole Tom," Beca broke with a huff.
"Tom? As in Beale's ex Tom?" Stacie whispered as she pushed the door open to their chemistry class. Beca simply nodded as the pair found their seats.
"I thought he didn't bother you...why now?" Stacie asked, confused.
"It was yesterday," the brunette ran her hand down her face as she picked up her pen and opened her book.
"Yeah I'm aware of that when you turned up at my house," Stacie gave out a chuckle.
"After that," Beca mumbled.
"Wait.. after? What the hell happened after!?"
"Not much..."
"Oh bullshit, tell me now," Stacie scoffed.
"I went through the park to clear my head 'n that when I heard two an argument near that lake thing. I went over and saw it was Chloe, not only that but that pig had her arm in some kind of fucking death hold," Beca grunted.
"Crap... did you do anything?"
"Course," Beca scoffed, "I told him to let go and to leave her the hell alone. Turns out he'd been trying to get her back or something but it obviously hadn't turned in his favour," Beca finished with a smirk.
"And did you talk to Chloe?"
"Er, not really, I don't think then would've been the right time," Beca shrugged. Stacie was about to respond when the professor called for the class' attention and the pair were forced to abandon their conversation.
Beca's phone buzzed from her pocket and she swiped at it to reveal a text on the group chat she had.

Stace [10:22am]: Lads night tonight at mine? Bring Amy! X
Jesse [10:24am]: That's Fat Amy to you bitchez, me n the movie-man are in! XO

Beca chuckled to herself lightly as she gave Stacie a nod. She couldn't help but smile at the fact that her brunette best friend was trying to take things off her mind and remind her that her friends will always be there for her. Even if they had no idea what was currently going on. She could remember the countless nights she'd spent at Stacie's, occasionally Jesse would join them for movies, games and pizza and now having the addition of Amy would undoubtedly make the night more fun. Beca couldn't believe how easily the blonde had fitted in with their group, her absurd sense of humour and ridiculous Australian back stories always made them chuckle and it seemed that even though they'd known eachother little over a month, the pair got along like a house on fire. Beca sat back in her chair and smiled lightly, tuning in to her professors lecture for the rest of her lesson.

- - - - -
Chloe was sat in her third period lesson, teaching basic literature to freshman at Barden. She set them some work and collapsed in her chair with a sigh, rubbing a hand lightly over her temple. She hadn't slept much since the incident with Beca and to make it even worse, the brunette had popped up during her argument with Tom. In honesty, Chloe was glad that she had interrupted, who knows what Tom would've tried to do without Beca to glare him down. However, seeing the brunette so soon after she had cried in front of her and then kissed her, was awkward. Chloe knew the pair needed to talk about what happened, but Chloe didn't want to, she didn't want to acknowledge that what happened wasn't allowed to happen again. Throughout the pairs limited time together, Chloe had learnt that Beca was more mature than she let on, more talented than anyone realised and much nicer than Aubrey had described, of course it didn't help Chloe's small crush that Beca was also insanely beautiful. Chloe groaned inaudibly as she tapped onto her computer to distract herself.

- - - - -

"I'll get it," Beca called as she rose from her space on Stacie's couch to open the door. She gave a smile as she swung it open and it revealed Amy's beaming face, she strolled in through the door and was followed by Jesse, sporting a scowl.
"Well what happened here," Beca mumbled.
"Jesse's just annoyed because the girl across the street winked at me and not him," Fat Amy laughed.
"She was hot," Jesse huffed, "all the gay ones are,"
"Are you calling Beca hot?" Stacie laughed as she rounded the corner.
"I'll take it," Beca smirked.
"Through here," Stacie rolled her eyes as she lead the trio into her games room and sunk on the couch in the corner.
"Hey, where are your parents?" Amy asked as she sunk to the floor.
"My mum will be back later, I think she's up at my uncle's and Rex is at his friends for a sleepover," Stacie shrugged.
"And your dad?" Amy questioned again.
"Um, he left when I was 3," Stacie mumbled.
"Oh, I'm so sorry Stacie I shouldn't have asked," Amy turned serious as she smiled sympathetically.
"It's fine, we don't need him anyway... what do you guys wanna do?" Beca smirked at Stacie as she finished talking and slid to the pile of games in the corner, she flicked through each one before pulling one out.
"Oh dear, Beca always wins this one," Jesse sighed as he studied the game in the brunettes hand, 'Just Dance 2'.
"Shawshank hasn't played me yet," Fat Amy smiled as she stood up, "bring it shorty." Stacie and Jesse laughed as Amy stood on her toes and towered over Beca.

The evening was well underway and the four teenagers were now crashed in Stacie's bedroom with a pizza box strewn on the floor as they chatted aimlessly.
"Hey Amy, do you miss Australia?" Jesse pondered.
"A little. I'll still visit though obviously because of my family back there, and the crocs and I need a rematch," she laughed. Jesse hummed in acknowledgement as he brought out his phone,
"Hey it's almost 12, we better get going, I'll drop you home," Jesse smiled as he stood up.
"Alright Jess, see you on Monday," Stacie stood too and lead them to the door, Beca trailing behind. She gave the pair a hug before they left and Stacie swung the door shut and turned on her heel to see Beca playing with the hem on her shirt.
"Yes you can crash," Stacie huffed, already knowing what question was coming.
"Awesome, may have told my mom I was going to anyway," Beca smirked as she followed Stacie back up to her room with a shake of her head.
"You going to talk to Chloe soon?" Stacie asked optimistically.
"Sure, I dunno," Beca shrugged.
"You need to," Stacie spoke firmly. Beca hesitated for a while as she sat on the brunette's bed.
"I really like her Stace," she mumbled out quietly.
"I know, but I don't really understand Becs, you know how much shit could blow up," Stacie put her arm around Beca's shoulder.
"I slept on her couch," Beca rubbed a hand down her face as she whispered.
"S-sorry what?"
"I slept on her couch, the night of the party," Beca frowned as she began to tell Stacie all about the night and morning after the party.

"So that's what happened, you didn't go home you went to Chloe's!" Stacie gasped as Beca finished speaking.
"Mmhmm, she just treated me so normally y'know, like I was her friend rather than a bratty pupil,"
"Dude, you've got it bad," Stacie chuckled slightly.
"Tell me about it," Beca moaned.
"On the plus side though.. sounds to me like someone likes you more than they had planned," Stacie smirked.
"Yeah whatever,"