Chapter 11.

Beca sat with her head ducked and eyes down in her English class on Wednesday morning, she was lucky enough that Chloe hadn't been in her lesson on Monday and Beca had breathed a simple sigh of relief as the pressure of seeing the redhead had been lifted off her shoulder. Yet now the redhead was back, Beca had been averting her gaze for the most part of the lesson. She could feel Miss Beale's eyes bore into the top of her head and even feel the slight pull when the redhead walked past. Beca sighed to herself once again as she flicked through her book. On her most recent piece of work a simple sticky note was placed, the brunettes eyebrows scrunched together as she read it. Short, simple, there in pink ink Chloe had written Beca a note, 'Beca. We need to talk, meet me in here at lunch.'
Beca fumbled the note in her hand and sighed, this is what she'd been dreading. She lifted her head and was immediately met with Chloe's gaze, her lips twisted into an almost apologetic smile, Beca gave a light nod as she screwed the note up in her hand and stuffed it into her jean pocket.

Beca pushed her bag back up her shoulder as she walked with Stacie.
"No, but..."
"Beca you have to do it, it's driving you insane let alone what it's doing to Chloe," Stacie sighed, "you have to think of her too,"
"Trust me that's all I've been doing," Beca grumbled.
"Then what's the problem?"
"Well apart from being kissed by your totally hot teacher and then absolutely shot down because your 17 and it definitely can't happen," Beca rolled her eyes.
"You've changed Mitchell, never really seen you hung up on a girl before, well unless you count that g-" Stacie began to laugh.
"Stop right there. I was only 15 I don't know what I was thinking," Beca huffed.
"I know. But if you like Chloe so much, it's gotta be worth a shot," Stacie shrugged.
"Worth a shot! Stacie I've known her like a month and she's already driving me mad, she's genuinely nice to me and then she goes and kisses me... but then she's my teacher and it's against the law and it's just... wrong," Beca rambled as her hands fell defeated to her sides, "I don't know what I want," she finished.
"You will, just wait until the right moment," Stacie jabbed her finger at Beca's chest with a wink.

- - - - -
Beca prayed and prayed that her class would go slower as she watched the hands of the clock tick nearer and nearer to her lunch break. When the bell finally rang, she gathered her books, shoved them in her bag and headed to Chloe's class, Stacie sending her a reassuring smile and pat on the back when they passed in the hallway. Beca took a deep breath outside Chloe's class and pushed the door open, watching it swing closed as she rounded the corner. Surprisingly, Chloe wasn't perched at her desk as Beca would have expected, Beca took a seat near her desk and waited, expecting that the older woman was psyching herself up too.

It wasn't long before the door could be heard again along with the click of it being locked shut. Chloe rounded the corner and let her eyes fall to her desk where she took a seat. Beca observed her, tight skinny jeans hugged Chloe's figure along with a slightly looser tee, her curls fell naturally, cascading down her back and her black rimmed glasses kept any from falling into her view. Her bright blue eyes flicked up to meet Beca's gaze,
"Hey," she breathed, almost chuckling because of the situation she was in.
"Hi," Beca replied. The pair fell into silence before Beca was surprised as Chloe brought her chair to sit along side her, much like she did in tutoring. Beca's palms became sweaty as she watched Chloe adjust the necklace she was wearing.

"I guess we need to, talk," she smiled lightly.
"Yeah..." Beca said in an almost whisper.
"Well we better get this over with," Chloe sighed as she let her gaze fall to the table they were sat on, "Beca, I can't exactly explain what happened, I was overwhelmed I guess because of all Tom had said.. but it wasn't just that obviously. When Aubrey first told me about you, she painted you in such bad colours, as you can probably guess, so when I actually met you... well you were nothing like she'd said. You were kind, I know you're smart you just struggle a bit, you were beautiful, I liked you and you interested me.. and then when you helped me with Tom I just felt so grateful and y'know, protected," Chloe gathered her words and flicked her gaze up to see the small smile on the brunettes face, "I've never done this before, ever, so that's why it felt so intriguing. The way we just sort of clicked in such little time and I found myself thinking I could be myself around you, I mean I've never told a student to call me by my first name before and heck I've never had one sleep on my couch," she chuckled, "but I don't know what to do. I'm not going to say that I regret kissing you because, honestly, I don't. But I'm your teacher Beca, it's wrong, it's illegal, we can't," Chloe frowned as she lay her head in her hands.

Beca sighed to herself, almost in relief. Chloe didn't regret kissing her, she trusted her, she enjoyed her company, and did Chloe actually mean that she liked her... Beca found that hard to believe. Chloe wasn't denying that she was slightly attracted to her and Beca relished in it. The brunette tentatively took Chloe's hands away from her face with a gentle smile.
"My turn," Beca chuckled as she let her hands rest over the redheads, "What happened has happened and we can't change that, I'm not going to deny that I wasn't interested in you too, that I liked you, that I still do... The way that you took care of me that night I was drunk was so nice of you, hardly anyone else would have even stopped, let alone what you did. That's when I knew that there was something different about you, about us. I'm so thankful for all you've helped me with, honestly, and I'm glad I stepped in with Tom when I did because I don't know if it would've escalated. I won't say either that I regret kissing you back, but I totally see where you're coming from, there's no way we can, not assuming that you'd want to," Beca gestured slighting between them, "but you know what I mean..."
Chloe chuckled slightly as she looked down at their conjoined hands and ran a thumb over Beca's knuckles.
"Do you feel it too?" She whispered.
"Feel what Chlo," Beca shocked herself as the simple nickname rolled off her tongue but smiled as she saw that Chloe was too.
"The pull," Chloe stated simply. Beca's eyes widened as she nodded her head,
"Yeah," she smiled lightly, and once again the pair fell into silence.

"So what do we do now?" Beca asked.
"I don't know,"
"I guess no more of these heart to hearts," Beca laughed.
"I'm surprised you have a compassionate side under that exterior," Chloe grinned, happy that all awkwardness was gone and a huge weight seemed to have been lifted off of both woman's shoulders.
"Oh no this is all badass Beale, head to toe," Beca winked as she placed a finger over her lips.
"Totally,"
"So..." Beca brought them back into reality.
"I'm so sorry Beca, honestly. You know what we have to do, strict teacher-student rules, I'll keep doing tutoring if you'd like but other than that..." Chloe sighed as she played with her necklace again.
"Nothing," Beca sighed and Chloe didn't miss the flash of pain go through the brunettes eyes. She nodded slowly and Beca rose,
"I better get going," Beca chuckled slowly, "bye," she stated as she walked toward the door and unlocked it.
"Bye," Chloe said as she heard the door swung shut behind the brunette.

Chloe sat at her desk and sighed, running a hand through her hair once as tears began to cloud her vision. She was so confused. She'd known Beca for what, a month, maybe more... and she was crushing hard. The redhead couldn't believe the conversation they'd just had, they'd both admitted to being attracted to the other and yet it all went to nothing. Chloe let a single tear streak down her cheek as she thought of what could have been. Little did she know, she wasn't the only one shedding a tear as Beca sat hunched in the girls restroom...

A/N: Lots of chat, sorry?
Important question for you guys: do you think that the story is going too fast? I'm aware that they've only known each other around a month and they've both fallen for the other, but I don't want to make this story too long so I'm speeding it along..?! Please let me know what you think x