Chapter 9.

Beca's head was reeling as she eventually dragged her feet through her front door and collapsed on the couch. No movement could be heard in the house and Beca knew that both of her parents were still in work.
She had sat in the same chair in Chloe's classroom for about 15 minutes, stunned. Chloe had been upset, and for a minute Beca had lowered her walls slightly and let Chloe in to how much the brunette admired her. And then Chloe had kissed her.... a proper kiss, Beca didn't miss the feeling of her warm hand sliding up to her neck to deepen the kiss and how the redhead had almost fallen off her chair from leaning forward so quickly. Kissing Chloe Beale was much more than Beca had expected, her lips were soft yet had the power to melt Beca, and Chloe's smell was intoxicating.
Beca swiped her phone from her pocket and pulled up Stacie's contact, sending her a quick text and awaiting her response,

Me [5:28pm]: Can I come over? x
Stace [5:30pm]: sure thing, everything okay? xox
Me [5:31pm]: Yeah totally, I'll be over soon x

Beca wrote a note and placed it on the kitchen counter for when her parents got home, telling them where she was and that she'd be back later on that night. She then tugged on some shoes and headed over to Stacie's house.
When she got there, she tapped lightly on the door and it swung open to reveal Stacie's mom.
"Beca, nice to see you, come in," She welcomed Beca as she gave her a beaming smile.
"Hey Nicky, likewise how are you?" Beca smiled. Beca and Stacie's mom got along well due to the close bond between the two teenagers.
"Good thanks, Stacie and Rex are battling it out in the games room upstairs," Nicky laughed.
"Alright, I'll make sure they don't kill eachother," Beca smirked as she headed up the stairs.
"What's up weirdo's!" Beca smiled as she crashed on a couch set up in the Conrad's games room. Beca leant over to ruffle Rex's mop of black hair and he swatted her hand away with a scowl.
"Good to see you too Rex, did you beat Stacie? Do I even need to ask?" Beca laughed as she tossed a side glance to the brunette beside her.
"I always win," Rex smirked slightly.
"You just encourage him Becs," Stacie rolled her eyes as she stood, gesturing out the door for Beca to follow. She followed Stacie to her room and sat cross legged on the bed.
"So?" Stacie pushed.
"So? So what..." Beca questioned.
"What's wrong. What's happened. Why the sudden call?"
"Oh, sorry you don't like having your best friend over?" Beca teased.
"You know what I mean," Stacie sighed. Beca thought back to the reason she came here, to get her mind off Chloe, maybe to discuss what happened but she wasn't sure. Chloe could get in trouble for what happened, couldn't she?

"You can't tell anybody Stacie this is kinda serious," Beca ran a hand down her face.
"Whoa. Okay go on," Stacie nodded.
"It's about Chloe,"
"Chloe?" Stacie questioned.
"Oh yeah shit, Miss Beale,"
"First name basis?" Stacie teased.
"Not relevant. Something happened, earlier, at my tutoring, but you honestly can't tell anybody."
"Becs, you know I wouldn't, now tell me,"
"So we were in tutoring like normal right when her phone rang, it was her boyfriend and she took it outside... but when she came back in she was all teary and like picked up her stuff and said she had to go.." Stacie gave a quick nod.
"Yeah, so I didn't want her to go back upset so I asked her to stay and eventually she talked to me. Apparently he was drunk and said some bad shit and they broke up. So I tried to reassure her like anyone would and she um-"
"She what," Stacie's eyes had widened as she listened to Beca intently.
"She kissed me," Beca finished.
"She fucking what!" Stacie gasped.
"Yeah I know... random I guess, and then she just left, said she should go and I don't know what to think, what to do,"
"Well it's clear you have a crush on her but I'm being honest I have no idea. I mean she obviously wouldn't have kissed you if she despised the very idea of it, but then again she was emotional, I'm really not sure Bec. But you need to talk to her about it," Stacie spoke.
"Yeah I know dude," Beca rubbed her hand over her face and sighed. It was then that the brunettes door swung open lightly and Rex popped his head around the corner, flashing his controller at the pair with raised eyebrows,
"Fancy a game?" He asked. Stacie looked to Beca who simply shrugged and the pair got up and followed him to the games room, sinking back into the couch and beginning the game.

- - - - -
Chloe was sat on a bench in her local park, watching as little children fed the ducks on the pond nearby as the sun started to set. She scanned the area and sighed, she hadn't wanted to meet Tom when he called that afternoon, yet she felt she at least owed it to him. And to herself, Chloe had decided that she was going to properly end their on and off relationship for good, no matter what he said.
"Chloe," her thoughts were interrupted when Tom sat down next to her.
"Tom, what do you want," Chloe asked plainly as she eyed him.
"I wanted to apologise. That night I was hammered and you know it, you know I didn't mean what I said but you had been really checked out because of your new job and it really angered me babe," he paused, "you know we work well together, and I was hoping you'd take me back," he smiled sheepishly.
"Tom, I can't. I came here to finish things with you, totally," Chloe stated.
"What! Chlo come on, not this again, I just apologised!"
"I know, but we can't be together any more. Yes I've been checked out but it's my job Tom! And I can't be with someone who whenever he's upset with me instead of talking to me, goes out drinking with his friends and hooks up with other women," Chloe cringed.
"That was once Chloe, get the fuck over it," Tom had become angry as he levelled Chloe with a glare.
"One time that I know happened. I don't know if you did it again, just stop Tom it's over," Chloe stood and walked away from him.
"Chloe. Wait," Tom had also risen and grabbed Chloe by the hand forcefully.
"Tom, stop, I need to go," Chloe said calmly as she shook her hand free.
"No, we need to talk about this, I can't lose you again babe," He begged as he once again reached for her hand, holding it tightly as he spoke.
"Tom, you're hurting me,"
"I don't care, I need you to stay," Tom spoke firmly. Chloe turned away and tried to tug her hand free of Tom's grip but he tightened it each time until she turned back to face him.

"I think you need to let her go buddy," A voice spoke.
"And who the fuck are you to say that to me," Tom turned to bore his eyes into the petite brunette stood on the grass bank beside the pair.
"Take a look around you, I think it's time you left," It was then that Chloe realised that almost every pair of eyes in the park was on them, she sighed. Chloe paused her gaze on Beca as she felt Tom's grip loosen until he dropped her hand with a grunt.
"We're not done talking Chloe," He spoke gruffly as he pulled his hood up over his head and averted his gaze from the scowling on-lookers and the glare that Beca was giving him. Chloe walked back to the bench and was soon joined by Beca who perched herself on the end.
"Um- are you alright?" Beca stuttered.
"Yeah, he was just, y'know," Chloe rubbed her arm where Tom had gripped, "I told him I was done with his crap basically... thanks for diving in," the redhead chuckled lightly.
"Glad I was passing, didn't look like anyone else was going to do anything," Beca shrugged.
"I didn't even realise they were watching..." Chloe trailed off.
"R-right... I have to go Chloe," Beca said as she stood up and went to the woman's side, "are you sure you're alright?" She asked as she lightly touched Chloe's arm where it was reddened.
"Yeah, I'm good. Thanks again Beca, see you at school," Chloe gave a weak smile and Beca nodded, finally turning to walk away. 'I'll talk to her about it another day' she thought as she shook her head lightly.

A/N: over 25k on my other story guys!! Thanks so much for all the love :)