Chapter 21.

A/N: Christmas chapter!! Hope you enjoy, I feel my writing is lacking in quality and action so I'm going to try and change that throughout the next few chapters.

Beca woke on Christmas Day with a grin, she listened for her parents and finally heard some shuffling from downstairs. She checked her phone, opening it to messages from her group chat of Jesse, Stacie and Fat Amy wishing each other a happy Christmas and a nice day. Beca replied quickly with a message of the same nature before texting Chloe.

Me [9:48am]: Merry Christmas Chlo. Enjoy your day, I'll be thinking of you xo

Beca smiled as she pressed send. Ever since the pair had slept together the previous Sunday, everything had been heightened between the pair. Beca was sure after Sunday that she had definitely been falling in love with Chloe, it really wasn't hard. The morning after, the pair cooked the pancakes Beca had brought the redhead and chatted about anything and everything. It seemed that the sex had been reassuring for both, allowing their bond to continue to grow. Beca honestly wanted to tell Chloe she loved her today, but through text definitely wasn't the way to do it. The pair had talked about what they'd be doing over the Christmas period. Beca's cousin, aunt and uncle on her father's side were staying for a few days and Chloe's parents and brother were joining her for a couple of days. It didn't take long for Beca's phone to chime.

Red [9:51am]: And to you x I'll text you as soon as my parents leave ;) x
Me [9:52am]: I'll be waiting, enjoy your time with them though, mistletoe doesn't die that quickly x
Red [9:53am]: of course. I'll decorate my whole apartment with it then x
Me [9:54am]: I wouldn't expect less. I gotta go, bye Chloe xo
Red [9:56am]: Bye xx

Beca chuckled lightly as the situation, she felt bad that she couldn't even tell Chloe that she loves her, hell, the pair hadn't even labelled their relationship. Beca set to change that after New Years, setting it immediately as one of her resolutions. Beca shook her head of the thought and swung her legs over her bed as usual with a sigh. She grinned as looked over to her door where her perfect Santa onesie was. It was almost a tradition, for the last 3 years, Beca had woken and dressed in her Santa onesie before trudging downstairs, dressed in matching slippers, a red hat on her head and the sewn-in beard pulled over her lower face. She quickly hopped up and undressed, eventually zipping the outfit up and pulling the beard over her face. She snapped a quick picture to send to Stacie, who was aware of this tradition, and to probably show to Chloe at a later date.

She was unwrapping the last of her gifts, her parents eagerly watching after they'd set all their aside. Beca ripped the wrapping to reveal a relatively small, white box. She quirked an eyebrow, glancing briefly at her parents before prizing open the box.
"Yessss," she grinned as she pulled out a set of car keys that had lay neatly inside the box, the note beneath it reading 'I'm outside'.
"Can I go see?" She asked as she hopped up and threw the keys lightly in the air before catching them.
"No," her mom rolled her eyes, "what do you think genius?" She laughed as she stood up. Beca chuckled lightly as she almost ran to the door, swinging it open and walking to get a better view of her driveway. She smirked as the car came into view, her black Camaro, as promised. She saw that, despite the few scratches on the sides, the loose wing mirrors and the slightly rough upholstery, the car looked promising, like it could be done up quite easily and still look nice.
"I told you it needed some work," Beca's father chuckled.
"It's fine dad, nothing mechanic Mitchell can't fix," she joked as she moved to hug him, "thanks,"
"You're welcome kiddo," he smiled, ruffling the brunette's hair.
"Hey, what time are Casey and Shaun meant to be here?" She asked, referring to her uncle and aunt.
"In a couple hours," the older man shrugged, "I told them not to hurry,"
"Alright," Beca nodded as she made her way back to her house.

- - - - -
Chloe was engaging in conversation with her family over the traditional roast she had cooked them. As she stabbed a potato with her fork, her dad piped up,
"So Chlo-bear, are you seeing anyone?" He asked. Chloe paused, observed the slight smirk adorning her brothers face and chuckled.
"No, I'm not currently dad," Chloe shook her head, "although Tom is persistent," she rolled her eyes.
"I really ought to tell him to piss off," her mother calmly suggested, causing Chloe to laugh lightly.
"No need mom, I'm sure he'll get the message after I hang up on him again," Chloe explained.
"Why even answer?" Sam questioned.
"Duh.. hanging up on someone is so much more effective than just ignoring them,"
"Remind me to never get into a fight with you again," Sam chuckled.
"Have you been reading the news Chlo?" Her father asked.
"Here and there, I'm busy most of the time, why?" She asked.
"I saw a news story. Apparently a teacher had been seeing a student in private for a while, and it didn't say which school. Dirty old man got 5 years in jail, lost his job, deserves it for that. Disgusting. I just hoped it wasn't Barden," he shrugged. Chloe shuddered slightly, her mind instantly flitting to Beca.
"Um, no that wasn't Barden." She stated clearly with a shake of her head. Quickly dropping her gaze back to her food as she tried to shake the thoughts on her mind. What if she and Beca got caught? She couldn't take 5 years in prison. She'd lose her job - she loved teaching. Her family would disown her. She'd lose nearly everyone she loved. She'd lose Beca.
"You good Chloe?" Sam spoke.
"Oh yeah. It's just, horrible isn't it, that someone would do such a thing," she grimaced as she pushed her food around her plate.

- - - - -
Beca was in her room when the door but open and her cousin flung himself on her bed.
"Well thanks for that Jake," Beca rolled her eyes.
"Well it's great to see you too shorty," he smirked.
"You can't call me shorty when you're like the same height as me," she scoffed.
"Dad does," he shrugged.
"That's because he's massive," Beca stated, "how's school?"
"Meh it's okay," he shrugged. Jake was about 18 months younger than Beca, he was 15, shortly turning 16.
"Got all the girls fawning at you?"
"Just a few, can't blame them,"
"Ugh you're too cocky," Beca shoved her cousin lightly with her foot. She was lucky that she got on with him pretty well, he was almost like the brother she didn't have. Jake was one of the first members of her family that Beca came out to, and he was totally fine with it, supporting her and helping her tell her parents.
"Hey let's go down, I need to say hi to your parents," Beca nudged him before she got up and walked downstairs.

"Beca," her uncle and aunt smiled as they saw her walking down the stairs.
"Casey, Shaun, hey," she smiled back, being followed down the stairs by Jake.
"We've seen the Camaro, be good once you get that fixed up," Shaun nodded.
"Yeah. My friends are gonna give me a hand on it if I need," she shrugged.
"It'll be good. I hear you take lessons and such in the new year," Casey smiled.
"Yeah, as soon as dad lets me really," she chuckled.
"Guys, your dinner's ready," Beca's mom popper her head round the corner. 
"Awesome. Let's eat," Jake grinned.

And as Beca sat down to her traditional Christmas dinner, she grinned. This has been a good Christmas, she got her car, her family were here, unlike the year previous, and it wasn't as freezing cold as Beca would have thought. Her thoughts drifted to Chloe, awaiting the text to say that she could go over and give Chloe her Christmas gift.