Heated Words

"Come on, please, Adeline." My mate begged, already pulling back the blankets on his bed. His blue eyes looked desperate, but far from defeated. Unfortunately for him, I was basically known for being stubborn.

I had been in Ryan's house for two hours now. And in two hours he had seen me get so angry I shouted, then so conquered that I just put my face in my hands and sobbed. We argued profusely about him letting me go back home, but he stood firm, telling me that I was in no shape to go anywhere other than bed and that we had just met, we needed time together. After only a short while the fear that everyone had implanted in me in regards to him slowly faded and gave way to exhaustion. Besides, it was hard to be terrified of someone who you were designed to love and made such good tea.

But now, we were about to have another argument because there was no way in hell I was going to sleep in the same bed as a man I just met. Mate or not. I was going to be a queen soon, I needed a level head at all times, especially when it came to the now sensitive topic of my mate. My decision about him would affect a lot of people, I didn't need the mate bond clouding my thoughts.

"No, I won't. You're already making me stay in your house against my will, I won't stay in your bed. That's where I draw the line." I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well then, where are you going to sleep, princess?" Ryan asked, mocking me slightly. "This place isn't exactly the taj mahal or Buckingham palace. You either sleep with me or you don't get to sleep on a bed."

"I'm sure another member of your pack would love to have me stay in a guest room." I shot back. My eyes narrowed at the princess comment. He was brave if he thought he could berate my title when the entire werewolf population thought he was scum.

I expected that Ryan would get mad at my quick retort, seeing as he was both an alpha and a rogue- the least mild mannered werewolf types. But instead he smirked and walked towards me, looking cocky and amused. His blue eyes gleamed with mischief and he confidently inched closer to me, making me catch my breath.

"Really?" he tested. "You think my pack members will just swing open their doors and bow down to you?"

"Yes." I said, but my voice came out shaky and unrefined. It wasn't true at all, I knew the majority of his pack hated me more than I cared to imagine.

I inhaled sharply when his hand settled on my hip, his thumb slipping under my riding jacket. Ryan knew exactly what he was doing, when I met his eyes he smiled slightly and lowered his head, his lips ending up dangerously close to mine. He knew that being this close to me would make my heart pound crazily in my chest and the smallest touch was more than enough to make me feel like I couldn't breathe.

"Please, I just met you, I want you to spend the night with me." he whispered, moving his lips towards my ear. Feeling the warm breath on my sensitive skin made me shiver and step closer to him. The challenging tone was gone from his voice and replaced with a soft murmur. He took the opportunity to slip his hand under my shirt, resting it on my bare skin, "I just want to hold my mate close to me, is that such a sin?"

"No." I babbled. I felt like I couldn't control my body. I had leaned my head against Ryan's strong chest and my body was pressed up against him, loving the feeling of strength and protection that radiated off of him. I couldn't think about my family that was worried sick or the royal guards who were walking around in the dead of night searching for me, I didn't care that some rogue I had never met was currently sitting on the back of my horse. My mate was here and he was touching me, talking to me, while my exhausted brain fell to mush.

"Good, so how about we just take some of these uncomfortable clothes off and climb in this bed." He continued. He voice sounded like honey to me, and I sighed in delight at his words. Taking these clothes off and getting into the bed seemed like the best idea I had heard in years.

I unzipped my jacket, letting it fall to the floor without a thought, then I unzipped my pants and finally my shirt was slipped off. Ryan was frozen in front of me, his eyes locked on my body and his mouth hanging open slightly. There was cute pinkish tingle to his cheeks that just made me want to kiss him and pull him closer. I watched in anticipation as he slowly reached towards me, his hands moving for my wide hips and I held my breath, ready to be flooded with pleasurable sensations.

Then, he seemed to get a hold of himself. He shook his head slightly and stepped away before grabbing the blanket on the bed and lifting it slightly.

"Come on." His voice wavered a little bit, "It's late, it's almost dawn. We're both tired and we both deserve some rest. Let's go to bed."

I shuffled over to the king sized bed in my bra and moved under the covers that he was holding up. Ryan set the blanket down on top of me and walked to the other side of his bed, taking off his tee shirt and jeans in the process. I couldn't help but admire him as he moved, unaware that I was watching him so intently. His body was solid, strong, but not overly muscular like many alphas. He didn't look like he spent every hour of his life in a gym and that pleased me, it meant that he had more important things to worry about than his muscle mass. Still, that didn't mean he was unfit. His thighs, back, and shoulders looked particularly strong and I briefly wondered what we would look like as a couple, as king and queen.

Ryan shut off the lights and slid into the bed beside me. A little voice in my brain reminded me that I should be a little wary of this man, yet I scooted closer to him and sighed in contentment when his strong arm slid around my waist.

"You'll make a great luna." Ryan murmured sleepily into my hair.

"You'll make a great king." I mumbled through a yawn.

Ryan just chuckled softly as I began to drift into sleep.

+ig!�{���