Tension

"So you couldn't stay away." Ryan said smugly when I entered the house, dressed in his clothes.

"Evidently not." I said, warily walking towards him. "But I can't stay long."

"Of course not, you're a princess, much too busy for me." He said, his tone slightly rude and defensive.

I ignored his manner and began to look around his living room and kitchen to distract myself. I had feared that staying away from Ryan would make my body and mind get sicker and sicker, but now that I was here, in his home, I didn't know what to do or say. So I took in the quaint home. It was far from my palace but I assumed that if it had been in the human world it would've been considered middle class. The appliances were mismatched some white, others stainless. It wasn't uniform, but liveable and oddly charming. I sighed a little, happy to be relieved if the disgusting feelings that had overwhelmed me earlier.

Then I felt Ryan grab my arm and spin me around. I was so startled by his sudden aggression that I yanked my arm out of his grasp, my eyes immediately searching for the nearest exit.

"Who did this?" Ryan asked through tightly clenched teeth.

It took me a second to register what he was talking about. I was more panicked and worried, my brain screaming that I should've never trusted a rogue, to realize that he was staring at my battered arms.

"Oh, those are from my mom." I breathed, my voice shaking slightly.

"Your mom?"

"It's not like that." I said, pulling myself out of his grasp, "She was teaching me how to defend myself."

"By beating the shit out of you?"

"Ryan, this isn't what I came here to talk about."

"Then what do you need to talk about?"

I let out a sigh and shook my head, "I don't know. I don't. I just know that I needed to see you."

Ryan watched me for a second, seeming to not hear what I said. Eventually he nodded his head and took my hand. "How much time do you have?"

"Just under two hours." I said, peeking at the clock on the stove, "I told my mother I would be back in a few hours and I've already spent three hours trying to keep the guards from getting suspicious."

Ryan nodded again, "Well it's good you're taking precautions, last time you came to my land my men warned me that one of your guards was coming dangerously close to the territory boundary and hung close by for longer than I would've preferred. But since you have a little bit of time to spend with me, how about a movie?" he suggested.

"I don't want to watch a movie, I want to talk." I protested.

He laughed softly, his smile taking my breath away for a second. "Well, you don't know what you want to talk about, and talking is the last thing I want to do."

"Then what is it that you want?"

"Well, if you must know, I'd really like to kiss you." Ryan took a dangerous step closer to me. My breath caught in my throat when I felt his arm slide around my waist and pull me closer. I bit my lip softly as his breath tickled my ear. "I want to kiss down your neck and bite down, marking you as my own, right now. Then, I want to rip these clothes off your body and explore every inch of your skin. I want to make you scream for mercy, then beg for more." He rasped out.

He suddenly took a step away from me which made me realize that I had actually grabbed on to his shirt and was clinging for dear life since it seemed that my legs had given out. I swallowed hard and peeled my hands off his shirt, willing my trembling legs to hold me upright as I regained my composure.

"Considering that you probably won't let me get that far we will compromise. No talking, and no sex. So we will watch a movie."

I grudgingly complied, not feeling like I had much of a choice.

We ended up on the couch in front of his small television. I made a point of sitting as far away from him as I possibly could on the leather sofa. I wrapped my arms around my legs and rested my chin on my knees as the previews came on and I turned to Ryan in shock.

"Pixar? Really?" I said, my voice coming out flat.

"I love Toy Story, so hush." Ryan shot back, his blue eyes narrowing on me in a warning.

I hate to admit it, but I had never seen the classic. Growing up I had always been surrounded by Disney princesses who fell in love with strong men. I had loved the big poufy dresses and elegant tiaras because they reminded me of my mother and every girl wants to be as successful as the woman who raised her. But now that I had to wear those dresses and deal with the ignorant men who wanted to be princes my love for the Disney princesses died.

I ended up being so thoroughly engrossed in the movie and the plot that I hadn't noticed my body slowly unfolding or that my legs ended up across Ryan's lap until I felt his fingers slowly move over my bare calf. It felt wonderful and when I looked over at Ryan he was watching me intently, his expression serious.

"I need to go." I blurted suddenly, even though the movie hadn't finished yet.

"No you don't. Stay." Ryan whispered back.

"I have to go back, I'm the princess, they'll come looking for me." I protested. I pulled away from him and stood up.

"Then become my luna instead and you'll never have to go back to them." Ryan whispered, standing up with me.

I gawked at him for a second and when I saw no humour in his eyes and realized he was serious I shook my head, laughing coldly.

"I won't give up my title to be the lowly luna of your pack." I said. Then I was moving towards the front door.