Chapter Two

Chapter Two (Oliver's POV)

Nick Cooper was jacking off in a public bathroom to a photo on his cellphone, of not just anyone, no.

Me.

The kid he tormented every single day for the past seven years.

"Uhm." I heard myself say at last. Nick seemed to snap out of his stupor, snatching his cell phone up off the ground, snapping it shut and shoving it into his jeans pocket before grabbing the front of my shirt, making me gasp.

I probably should've run while he was distracted, but I was feeling stupid and suicidal this morning apparently.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Nick demanded, giving me a shake. Cue sarcastic response.

"It's a public bathroom, Nick." I replied flatly. Nick glared at me, but it looked like he was having some kind of mental battle as his expression grew hard and critical.

"Don't play stupid. What did you hear? You didn't pick up the cell phone, did you?" He demanded angrily, this time shoving me into the wall between the two sinks. His fist was still twisted in my shirt and I tried to stay calm, but it was difficult with six foot quarterback Nick Cooper glowering at me like I was a cockroach.

But judging from what I just caught him doing, he didn't seem to think I was a cockroach.

"I didn't hear anything or touch your cell." I lied, but he obviously knew I was and slammed me into the wall again, making me gasp. He winced and let go of me, backing off and running a hand through his hair in frustration. He started cursing obscenely, enough to have my cheeks feeling warm before he kicked one of the stall doors harshly.

This was probably my cue to run, but I couldn't move.

Nick was ticked, and it wasn't the fact that he almost tore the door off its hinges that said it either. His eyes were worried, searching the black and white tiles as if they held all the answers, his hands pulling at his hair as he paced around like a caged tiger.

Was he mad that I found out?

It's not like I'd tell. Who could I tell anyway? I was a loner, I didn't have any friends and the only other people I spoke to were my sisters, Anya and Molly, but even they had friends they spoke to more often. I didn't run to my parents about anything either, which is why they only knew about Nick from my sisters.

"Son of a bitch," Nick cursed out loud, then whirled around to face me, making me back up against the wall again, "Aren't you going to say anything, Barbie Doll?"

"Like what?" I asked stupidly. Nick rolled his eyes, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

"You know what you caught me doing! You know, you have leverage here. What'd you want? Weed? Popularity? Cash?"

"No. I don't want anything."

"Bull."

"I'm not gonna blackmail you," I muttered dryly, "In case you haven't noticed, douche-baggery is your talent, not mine."

"You little..." Nick's voice trailed off and he just stared at me for a while, his eyes narrowing suspiciously and his fists clenched. I was waiting for him to threat to kill me if I told anyone, which I wouldn't so it'd be a huge waste of time on his part, but that's just what Nick did.

He wasted his time.

"I'm not going to tell anyone," I assured him, reaching down carefully to pick up my bag, "Besides, even if I did, why would I tell anyone you were thinking of me? It'd be more embarrassing on my half of the story." This time, I was stunned to see Nick's cheeks burn pink as he reached up, pressing his clenched fist to his forehead and gritting his teeth like he was wishing he could sink into the floor and disappear for eternity.