Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Nick's POV)

I'm a creep.

That was the best way of putting it. Oliver had left hours ago and yet, I was still waiting up at the high school to see him again. Just thinking about him had me giddy and I felt like an idiot because of that, like a girl. It made me shudder and toss my head back, gulping down another bit of my energy drink before I wiped my mouth on the back of my hand.

Of course, I was also ticked off that Ethan had the balls to come up to me and lecture me on my choice of friends. Am I the only one who remembers the whole homecoming incident?

It didn't matter, because Ethan didn't know about my relationship with Oliver. That kept me in the clear, it was the fact that Ethan kept threatening him that drove me up the walls. I felt a heated wave of possessiveness hit me and it caught me off guard. I had to keep that part of me bottled up, no matter how much it wanted to resurface.

If people found out about my relationship with Oliver, we'd both be dead. His parents would kill him and my mother would castrate me without a second thought. Not to mention, the whole school would probably mob us. It wasn't just the fact that we were both guys that made this nearly impossible, it was also the fact that I was popular at school.

I don't want to make it sound stupid or childish, but in high school, appearances were everything and just because everyone loved me now, doesn't mean they'd love me if I confessed my feelings for Oliver. What scared me even more is what people would do to Oliver. They might not kill me, but I couldn't say the same for Oliver.

Someone could really hurt him and the idea set my blood on fire.

I groaned and got up, heading to the barbell bench. I slid onto the seat and tipped my head back, reaching up and lifting the weight off its stand. Immediately my muscles grew taut as I gritted my teeth against the weight.

That's where all my rage went. Lifting weight, whacking the punching bag, sprinting on the track.

I only lifted for a while longer before my arms felt rubbery and sore, sweat pouring down my face. I heaved myself up and jumped in the showers quickly before heading out, grabbing my duffel bag and heading toward the gym to meet up with Oliver.

He was already waiting there, looking tired as he leaned against the doorframe, the sound of a whistle blowing echoing from the gym. He looked cute in a mature sort of way, if that made any sense at all. His bleach blonde hair hung in his face, his pale green eyes staring off into space as he wore this ridiculous nerdy Pac-Mac t-shirt under a flannel shirt, his jeans sagging only a bit.

"Yo, Barbie Doll." I greeted, making Oliver snap out of his stupor to scowl cutely at me.

"Greetings, Ken. Did you have fun at work? Do you want a sandwich too?"

"Not from you. You'd poison it."

"You know me too well." Oliver cracked a smile at me, lowering his arms to his sides and pushing off the wall as I approached. I snuck a quick glance toward the gym, up and down the halls, then leaned over, kissing Oliver on the lips and cupping his face for a split second before withdrawing quickly. I couldn't risk us getting caught, especially after this morning when Ethan had bombarded me about getting too close to Oliver.

"You taking me home today?" I asked, referring to the fact that today I was going to meet his parents. I wonder if it was going to be as easy as meeting a girl's parents. I just hoped neither of his dads had a shotgun.

"Yea, but Molly's coming with us, so icksnay on the makingout-snay." Oliver warned, giving me a look. I held up my hands in defense as Oliver smirked, but it vanished as Molly approached us, panting and smiling for a moment before she saw me. She gave me this suspicious stare, scanning me from head to foot.