2. Mourning in Pain

"A man who has nightmares every night of his life is in pain

"A man who has nightmares every night of his life is in pain."

Rahul POV:-

Sweat. Cold dripping sweat coursed through my body as I gawked ahead.

"Don't open the door, Rahul," She whispered. "Don't open it. Stay quiet." She whispered, again and again, flailing the words in my weak mind.

My eyes wonder around, my hands trembled in cold and legs quivered in fear. I grasped her hand tightly, shaking my head. I couldn't leave her alone. I needed her.

"Grow up, Rahul," She hissed. Catching my arm, she hurled to my room and closed it shut. Scared, I ran and banged the door again and again.

Open the door. I yelled in my mind. Don't leave me alone. I banged my fist. Open it.

Shivers became my new personality. Screams. Yells. Breaking. Every corner was filled with darkness, blinding my view then the smoke filled the room.

Burning. Burning.

Stop it.

Something is burning.

Rahul get up and run. Take your mommy with you and run. Burning. Don't be scared, run.

"Momma!" I yelled. "Momma!" Arms pained from the efforts. "Momma! Don't leave me."

Then the scenery changed. The girl was standing in front of me. She cupped her mouth, and after a second, a wail omitted her throat. Pain engulfed her face as she bent down on her knees, screams escaped her mouth and all I could see was her and the pain.

It enveloped me. I wanted her to stop wailing. It was shattering me into pieces again. It was scaring me.

She was screaming again and again like she couldn't be happy anymore and she lost everything of her. I wanted to help her but I stood.

She was screaming.

She was wailing.

I was screaming.

I was wailing.

I jerked up from the sleep. Sweat cloaked my skin like a tight layer. Running my hands through my hair, I took deep breaths. That was a nightmare. My hands felt cold, legs quivered in fear again. Swallowing the emotions, I rubbed my hands over my face.

Fucking nightmares.

They never let me sleep and scared me to no end. In teen, I would lie on my bed, hug myself tightly and keep on whispering. It was scary and terrifying.

Swirling my head on the side, I saw Tina, giving me a scared and terrified look. Rolling my eyes, I bent down on the floor, took my pants and wore them under the blanket.