BC 1.4 - The Nightmare I Had

*Last part of first bonus chapter. Do share your views on this one, and any other chapter you would like to read. I need ideas write on, or else, this may be the first and last bonus chapter.

[ N I S H A ' S      P O V ]

"Auntie, where is Rahul?" I asked his mother. She changed her gaze to me, the emptiness still graced her eyes. She had lost her only child to a tragedy which shouldn't have happened.

Rahul. I was here for Rahul after ignoring him for months, after breaking up whatever we had. He had warned me I couldn't love him anymore, warned he couldn't be loved anymore but I wanted to see him. He was Rahul. How could I not love him anymore?

We needed to talk.

"Who Rahul?" She asked, getting up from her chair with a glass of scotch in her hand.

"Your son." I settled opposite to her, fretting in my seat.

I had thought of calling him, but then I remembered I didn't own his number. I asked Alina, but she had denied because practically, she hadn't heard from him.

Nobody heard much from him.

"My son died, Nisha. You were there." I flinched at her harsh tone. "Good thing you survived." She smiled sarcastically.

"Where is Rahul?" I asked again.

"No Rahul lives here," I heard a voice from behind me. Turning, I found his dad strolling into the room. "He left."

"Don't be so nice," Her mother interrupted. "That boy killed my son. I told you not to adopt him. That son of a whore." I curled my fist at her tone, endeavoring to scream at her. Your husband was too involved with her. "Nisha darling, we kicked him out."

Air left my lungs.

"What?"

"I can't keep a murderer in my house. He was no son of mine. I tolerated him because my husband felt guilty of fucking his mother." I cupped my mouth. "So you're here for a stupid reason."

"Where is he?"

"Who knows?" She shrugged her shoulders. "He should've died instead of my son."

I didn't care to listen to more of her insult on Rahul and ran out of the house. Taking out my phone, I called Kabir. He didn't pick it up. Annoyed, I called him again as I paced my gaze back and forth.

Rahul, where were you?

Don't tell me you went to the same hole again. My heart wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Kabir," I said hurriedly as soon he picked up.

"Nisha, I'm busy," He whispered.

"Rahul," I breathed. "Where is he?"

"At his house, why?" He talked something on the other end.

"He's not!" I raised my voice and hopped in my car, waving to the driver to start driving. "They kicked him out a month ago, Kabir. I'm worried."

"What?" He sounded alarmed. "What do you mean?"

"He's not here. Where is he? I'm worried. He has no one." I clutched the phone tightly under my grip. "Did he go to Rupika?"

"No, I talked with her in morning," He said tightly. "She hasn't talked to him for a month. Nobody has. Give me some minutes. I'll find out where is he."

"He'll okay, right?"

"Yes," He replied soothingly. "Nothing will happen to him."

And he cut the call while I stared at the road in front of me. Where were you, Rahul? How could he be so stupid to not tell any of us? And how could I be so stupid not knowing it? For them, Rahul was never their son, just a liability they carried on their shoulders. For them, Rahul was a way to carry their family business because Veer wasn't interested in it.