Operation: Get Me the Hell Outta Here

Huey went to the correction center the next day with Riley to visit Jada. She growled at an officer who shoved her into the room.

"Jayjay!" Riley calls. Jada looks up and smiles,

"Reezy!"

"How you doin?" Huey asked. Jada shrugged.

"I've been better," she states. "But I made a few friends."

"See I told yo ass she would meet em!" Riley yells.

"Tunk said Ceez was stopin by to see her later," Jada tells them. "I know you got a plan to get me out."

Huey nodded.

"I'm gonna try and prove you innocent, but in the meantime-" Huey looked around. "You're gonna have to try and bust yourself out."

"Sounds easy. I always wanted to be Harriet Tubman."

Huey chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"You think you can do it?"

Jada nodded,

"I was born for this."

"JADA!!" Jazmine cried running to her friend. She held Jada close, sobbing in her shoulder. "We're gonna get you outta here. Daddy's gonna get you out!"

Jada chuckled, patting Jazmine's head.

"Thanks, Jazzy."

"So, how was your first night?" Huey asked.

"It was alright. Have a few questions though," Jada looked at Riley. "Tunk and Cindy? What happened."

"That's a long story. I gotta tell you that later on."

Jada only nodded.

"And how's granddaddy?"

"He's good. Couldn't make it cause he didn't wanna kill anyone," Huey states.

"Sounds reasonable."

"You got 5 minutes Freeman," a guard warns.

"But visits can be at least 10 minutes," Jazmine says. "You can't cut her time short."

"Now you got 2 minutes."

"But-"

"It's okay, Jazzy. They're not really a big fan of me. But I'll go anyways, gotta start figuring out what I can do," Jada says.

Huey and Riley get up and do something they never do. They hugged her. They held their sister close and looked deep into her maroon eyes.

"Stay strong, Jada," Huey says.

"Don't let nun of these niggas walk on you," Riley tells her.

Jada nods, smiling at her brothers.

"See you soon," She says, before walking out.

~back in Woodcrest ~

Hiro was devastated to find out Jada got arrested. He'd never thought Samantha would go to the extreme and press charges.

He was walking home when a car pulled up.

"Get in," the driver orders.

"I'm not doin-"

The driver pulled out a gun.

"Get in the car you said?" Hiro quickly got into the back of the car.

"Hey old friend."

"Ming? What're you-"

"You're not gonna be the one asking questions, Otomo," Ming says plainly.

Hiro sat back.

"So I hear your little lover got locked up," Ming began.

"Yea."

"Are you gonna help her?"

"How can I? I don't have the type of knowledge to even try and help her."

"Oh yea, I forgot you weren't the brightest." Hiro rolls his eyes. "Listen, pretty boy, I might not like Jada Freeman but we have history. She's saved my ass before and it's time for me to return the favor so I don't have to deal with her again."

"So what are you gonna do?" Hiro asked.

"We're gonna help her brothers get her out."

~At the Freeman residence~

Riley sat behind Huey watching intently as his brother typed away on his computer.

"You come up with something yet?" Riley asks.

"Riley, you asked me that 5 minutes ago. No, I haven't come up with anything yet."

"Well hurry the hell up, ever minute count."

"And you think I don't know that?" Huey questions.

"Nigga, I'm just sayin. You needa hurry up!"

"Riley, you rushing me isn't gonna make this go any faster!"

"Well it's gon do sum! You sitting here moving like Miss Daisy when yo ass needa be hurrying the fuck up so we can get Jada out!"

"And you think I'm not trying?!"

"Will you niggas shut up?!" Robert yells coming into the room. He sighs, "listen, boys. I know you both are worried about your sister. I am too. But yelling and screaming at each other isn't gonna help."

"But granddad-"

"But nothing! I need you both to stop getting so emotional. This is the time for you both to be strong and get along. Please, for the sake of your sister."

Huey and Riley glanced at each other before nodding.

At the Juvenile Center, Jada and the gang got in trouble for fighting other inmates and had to clean up the cafeteria.

"Mane this sum bullshit!" Jaelyne growled. "That bitch Courtney started it!"

"Facts! Like this shit unfair!" Tunk agreed.

"Ain't nun we can do about it now," Jada reminds them. "All we can do is keep our heads high and keep it moving."

"I hate this place. I just wanna be free again," Jaelyne said.

There was silence for a while, the only thing heard is the toothbrushes on the floor.

"Trynna rain trynna rain on the thunder, tell the storm I'm new," Jada sang. "Imma walk imma march on the regular, painting white flags blue."

Tunk smirked and sang along,

"Lord forgive me I've been running, running blind in truth."

"Imma rain imma rain on this bitter love, tell the sweet I'm new," Jaelyne sang.

"Im telling these tears go and fall away, fall away. May the last one burn in to flames!"

The guard watching them shushed them and they all rolled their eyes.

"Freedom, freedom I can't move. Freedom cut me loose. Freedom, freedom where are you, cause I need freedom too!" They all sang.

"I break chains all by myself, won't let my freedom rot in hell. Hey! Imma keep running cause a winner don't quit on themselves."

"That's enough!" The guard shouts.

The three were sent back to their cells.

"Aye, Jay?" Tunk asks.

"Yea?"

"You've been a little down lately since you talked to your brothers. You alright?"

"I'm just home sick, I guess. I'm not used to being without my brothers," Jada replies with a sigh.

"I get it. You young and you still be watched by yo brothers. But we'll be out soon."

"I hope so."

1/17/20